* FEATURES: Customizations/Options - updated 10-2-2008

Check out Death Warrant's Invasion Server
Seven_of_69
1337 Haxor

poisenbery wrote:franky actually had a pretty good idea today
you cant pick up more than one of the same artifact
Great idea! Another idea is to allow picking up multiple artifacts of the same type not to hoard but for the purpose of players to collect and donate extras without giving up their own, e.g. collect 3 globes, give 2 away. This might be especially useful in later waves when only higher levels can venture out into the artifact goldmine. Of course this would require a lot of teamwork and it'd be easy to forget the extras.

As for yellow/gold shards, the other day I picked up one that gave less than 1% XP. Maybe I picked up someone else's shard? :laughing5:
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

I fear that'll be too easy. Giving artifacts like candy will result in everyone get a triple & globes.
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466

It's not likely either. If you really want to preserve an artifact you can keep them from despawning indefinitely by tossing yours and picking up the other (rinse, repeat).

Looking into not picking up artifacts you already have is on my list, but the amount of work to accomodate multiple artifact copies is probably out of the question.
DW_Damaged
DW Clan Member

Artifacts drop all the time. Maybe not as often as some would like but they are there. The problem is people who don't need them pick them up. As an AM when I see an artifact I go around it and only look to see if theres a weapon that was dropped that I can pickup. I will also toss my artifacts or artifact to someone since I know I can easily pickup more since I am a higher lvl and can stay out in the fight longer. If you see dropped artifacts and don't need them leave it for someone else. Don't just pickup the artifacts because you can. I know sometimes someone dies and all there artifacts are dropped and you just can't stop yourself in time to leave them but if you try then others will have the opportunity to pick them up. Giving people the ability to have multiple artifacts is not the answer.
Seven_of_69
1337 Haxor

Carrying multiple artifacts of the same type was just another way to look at what could happen to an artifact that you encounter when you already have that kind.

As for how often artifacts drop in general, sometimes they're all over the place and sometimes I go an entire game without finding any. Thank you to those who try to go around artifacts they don't need and to those who even shoot at them to point them out. :faroah:
DW_Wraith
DW Clan Member

If I remember correctly, I thought there was a setting for the max # of artifacts out in play. I'm thinking once that number is met, then druids would stop dropping artifacts, and it was a reason to throw an artifact if you know you are never going to use it, such as boots etc, as it would keep a tally of artifacts out there, anyhow, thats my 2 cents on the issue. That pertains only to the part of the druids mutator to drop an artifact, not the monster loot which is separate.
Draco
Camper
Xfire: dracothedragon73

DW_Wraith wrote:5 levels of denial instead of the 2 or 3 previously.
what ever happened to this? and what would the extra levels provide? and would it be for all classes, or just AM's?
DW_WailofSuicide
DW Clan Member

Draco wrote:
DW_Wraith wrote:5 levels of denial instead of the 2 or 3 previously.
what ever happened to this? and what would the extra levels provide? and would it be for all classes, or just AM's?
I think he meant Ghost. I have no clue what extra levels of Denial/Recall could even do at this point.
Anonymouse
1337 Haxor

maybe at level 4 if the weapons are not maxed, maybe the one you use the most gets maxed, then at 5 all weaps are maxed.. but thats a theory :geek:
DW_WailofSuicide
DW Clan Member

Why do you always post in year+ old threads? Seriously.