INV Key Binds

Check out Death Warrant's Invasion Server
Jon!
1337 Haxor
Xfire: jonk27

you've all gonna jump out your windows and decontaminate the house when I say this but I've been gone for three months...

How do you bind use artifact?
InflatableHero
Pro but Noob

In console: SET INPUT <keyname> <binding> e.g. SET INPUT X ActivateItem (for activating artifacts)
or.. you can just go into your UT2004 directory and edit your User.ini just find the key you want to bind and if you know the correct command.. e.g. X=ActivateItem
Marius
Killer in Training

Okay I have a question. How do you put modifiers on the keys?

I have a Cyborg Keyboard so I want to bind crouch toggle and crouch primary fire to some sort of insane impossibly long key combo.. then in my Keybinder make the C-Keys equal to those insane, impossibly long key combos.

Does UT2004 recognize the Windows and .. uhh what is the other key? Programs key?... as modifiers? I.E. could I do CTRL ALT Windows Program X = toggle crouch?

EDIT : Also, is Bwalk the toggle for walking? Sometimes I need the extra vertical on my view but don't want to move fast / fall off ledges.
DW_BrainPan
DW Clan Member

Marius wrote:Okay I have a question. How do you put modifiers on the keys?

I have a Cyborg Keyboard so I want to bind crouch toggle and crouch primary fire to some sort of insane impossibly long key combo.. then in my Keybinder make the C-Keys equal to those insane, impossibly long key combos.

Does UT2004 recognize the Windows and .. uhh what is the other key? Programs key?... as modifiers? I.E. could I do CTRL ALT Windows Program X = toggle crouch?

EDIT : Also, is Bwalk the toggle for walking? Sometimes I need the extra vertical on my view but don't want to move fast / fall off ledges.
Not sure what your seeking in the first one?

UT recognizes the windows key (i.e. you press it and it minimizes UT). It cannot be reassigned as far as I know.
Don't know what you mean by the programs key. There is a menu key on some keyboards (brings up menu you get when you right click on icons, desktop, etc.). This cannot be reassigned in UT as far as I know. There are many other keys you could assign/reassign (e.g. the arrow keys, numpad keys, etc.) BUT, you cannot do what your talking about with other keys. You cannot assign a key combo (i.e. multiple key presses) to some one thing as far as I know, and don't know why you would want to do this anyway only to then reassign this key combo back to one key.

Don't know what you mean by toggle for walking. If you mean moving that's moveforward if you mean standing, well that's just not crouching. If you are crouching or using toggle bduck (crouching) then just stand up or toggle bduck off. In other words, no, bwalk is not a UT command. If your crouched and want to get a peak over an edge, yet don't want to stand up, just use F4 to toggle to 3rd person for a sec. If you want to stand up then just stand up.
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who read binary, and everyone else.
4013 is only a FAD
And 2989? Well that's just BAD
Marius
Killer in Training

Well sometimes I want to stand up, so my aimer is higher up off the ground, but I am on a ledge or something so I do not want to fall off.

Walking = cannot fall off ledge, move slower, but standing.

Crouching = cannot fall off ledge, move slower, and lower to ground

There is a toggle key for crouching, to turn it on, then hit it again and turn it off..

But what I want is a toggle key for walking. If it exists.
---------------------
RE : Key Combos
So you cannot assign CTRL X to something? Only CTRL or X? Is that correct?
DW_BrainPan
DW Clan Member

I don't know of a walk command in the sense your talking about.

As far as I know you cannot bind key combos (there's certainly nothing like that in the .ini file)
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who read binary, and everyone else.
4013 is only a FAD
Bacon
Killer in Training

is there aa keybind to make it so you can keybind an artifact to a key??
DW_BrainPan
DW Clan Member

Bacon wrote:is there aa keybind to make it so you can keybind an artifact to a key??
No.

You could probably set up an alias that would scroll to the appropriate artifact and then activate it, but you would always have to have the same number of artifacts in the same order and start from the same one (which ain't gonna happen to often).
4013 is only a FAD
Skyline
1337 Haxor
Xfire: 40shards

Bacon wrote:is there aa keybind to make it so you can keybind an artifact to a key??
Not yet... Wail knows what I mean ;)
Bacon
Killer in Training

ok thanks