Map Submission Guidelines for the Invasion Server

Check out Death Warrant's Invasion Server
DW_Wraith
DW Clan Member

All maps submitted for consideration to be added to our server must meet the following guidelines, and are subject to changes as we see fit.

1.) Maps should be one file only, all needed non-standard textures and static meshes should be embedded within the map, or be a part of the standard textures and static meshes that come with the game. We may allow non-standard texture pack/static mesh pack, but it will be on a case-by-case basis.

2.) Maps must include pathnodes.

3.) No more than 1 custom texture per type of item should be used. I.E. a standard adrenaline pill should look the same throughout the map, it does not need to look like the standard one in the game, but whatever its look, it must be consistant throughout that map. Sometimes you may see variations of the same pill type, but the amount of adrenaline is different, i.e. green may mean 25 units, and purple may mean 50 units, but they all have the general consistant look and the color denotes the amount.

4.) When a submitted map is put on the server, the map will be subject to a 'rebuild all' to ensure that it was done, so the author may need to remove his version to a new location on his machine, or rename it, otherwise said author may run into a mismatch error or similar.

5.) Inappropriate images used in maps will not be considered, we want the server to be for all age groups. There are plenty of other places where this subject matter is more appropriate.
Chavez
Pro but Noob

DW_Wraith wrote:5.) Inappropriate images used in maps will not be considered, we want the server to be for all age groups.
No shit, this violation actually happens? O_O What map violated this rule? 0_0
DW_Hornet
DW Clan Member

I'm not sure if any map for MM broke this rule. However I've seen quite a few maps (through different game types) with pictures of naked girls all over the walls. Although I do appreciate the ideal female body, and most variations of it, It's unnecessary to have pictures of that nature. There are younger people who wander into the server. Although I'll concede the average/mean age is pretty high, It just takes one loud ass parent to ruin your day.

Before someone makes a remark along the lines "What about men", the answer is no here also.
Bean
1337 Haxor

i believe ratslums is one of them...
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." -- Bill Waterson in Calvin & Hobbes
Tazcrosblade_
1337 Haxor

yes i know for a fact ratslums used to have a naked girl when u transed through like a wooden thing....... has that been resolved?
Its Pronounced Taz-Cross-Blade, not Tazer-Blade, not Taz-Crows-Blade, not Taco-Blade, Taz-Cross-Blade
DW_Wraith
DW Clan Member

I put in #4 figuring that I'd cover a future possibility. No one has sent anything questionable in a map as far as images. I'll pull ratslums for now.
@nt
Pro but Noob

Chavez wrote:
DW_Wraith wrote:5.) Inappropriate images used in maps will not be considered, we want the server to be for all age groups.
Explain the pictures of women in bikinies in MasterBath then. :sdull:
I like cookies...
DW_KarmaKat
Site Admin
Xfire: KarmaKat

@nt wrote:
Chavez wrote:
Masterbath is not on the Monster Mash servers...did you not notice the forum you were posting within?

KKat
Karma...a term that comprises the entire cycle of cause & effect...
Kat...a supercilious quadrupedal pile of fur that doesn´t give a flying fig for Karma...
DW_BrainPan
DW Clan Member

@nt wrote:
There's also the fact that the girl in ratslums was topless while bikinis are just bathing suits.
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who read binary, and everyone else.
4013 is only a FAD
And 2989? Well that's just BAD