Looking for a Map from the Mash?

Check out Death Warrant's Invasion Server
Jon!
1337 Haxor
Xfire: jonk27

I thought it was all that was there becuz wasnt looking for crazytransjumpers but that was the best I found. There seems to be something wrong. (The arthur dent in me)
Marius
Killer in Training

Can somebody who has all the maps from the "lost pages" 2-6 .zip them up in an archive and post the whole thing somewhere?

It would be much easier to download and would also be able to be put on the front page so everybody can access it.
DW_KarmaKat
Site Admin
Xfire: KarmaKat

Marius wrote:Can somebody who has all the maps from the "lost pages" 2-6 .zip them up in an archive and post the whole thing somewhere?
It would be much easier to download and would also be able to be put on the front page so everybody can access it.
Pages aren't lost...temporarily unaccessible by the general public. I can still see them when I'm logged in to manage the account.

The response I've gotten so far from them:

Dear KarmaKat,

We are working to fix the problem as quickly as possible.

LaChandra Taylor
Customer Support Rep, FileFront
Ziff Davis Media Game Group

::rolls eyes:: The service you get...from a free service! LOL!

Huge map packs = huge download times. That's one of the reasons I decided to make individual zips of each map. Besides the fact that making map packs requires a bit more time investment, especially since the maps on MM change fairly often, what with new ones coming online and the beta ones being updated.

There is a "Downloads" button on the front page that links directly to the Filefront page. I know it's a bit of an inconvenience right now...but one of the reasons the maps were on Filefront was to help conserve bandwidth for the redirect servers. Everytime someone downloads a map, it counts against our allotment. We have a limited amount of bandwidth each month, and anything we can do to protect that, makes for a better gaming environment for everyone.

Please be patient....the Filefront pages will be fixed. :) In the meantime, if there's a particular map that you're dying to have, (I have all of them archived) I'd be happy to either email it (if it's not too big) or put it on my personal Filefront page for download. Also, you might look in your cache folder, the map may still be in there. You can use a cache extractor program to move it out of your cache and into the appropriate folders in your UT install.

KKat

:flower:
Karma...a term that comprises the entire cycle of cause & effect...
Kat...a supercilious quadrupedal pile of fur that doesn´t give a flying fig for Karma...
Jon!
1337 Haxor

DW_KarmaKat wrote:Huge map packs = huge download times.
True, and I only got 98 gig left after my rebuild and I'm 1/4 of the way through all my games, some of them up to 10gb (god, I nearly wrote tb then...), so why would you want some of the maps you don't like which you can't remove?
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

Jons Return wrote:so why would you want some of the maps you don't like which you can't remove?
If I understand this question correctly, you can remove the maps you don't like, but I'm sure someone will like the maps you dislike so to be on the safe side, all maps are on the Crypt.
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466

D2Boss wrote:If I understand this question correctly, you can remove the maps you don't like, but I'm sure someone will like the maps you dislike so to be on the safe side, all maps are on the Crypt.
I was talking about if you had one big pack of all the maps. that would also make problems when new maps were put into rotation.
Biohazardous

Pages 2-6 are still unavailable for me. :C
DW_KarmaKat
Site Admin

Biohazardous wrote:Pages 2-6 are still unavailable for me. :C

I know....I'm not too happy with those folks at the moment...I keep getting responses that sum up to "we're working on it"..and not much else. I check 'em every day, will post here if anything changes.

KKat
Kat...a supercilious quadrupedal pile of fur that doesn´t give a flying fig for Karma...
Biohazardous

Alright, thanks.
DW_KarmaKat
Site Admin

The maps are back! Well....sorta! LOL!! Filefront -STILL- hasn't fixed the problem with additional pages displaying properly, however, I got tired of waiting on them and have re-done the entire page in a way that gets around their current limitations.

When you go to the Monster Mash folder you will now see a listing of file directories, one (or more if needed) for each letter in the alphabet and one folder for the Holiday themed maps. When I was sorting these out, I ignored mapper's names, any bonus pack designations, clan or invasion labels that were appended immediately after the gametype designation of "DM" and went soley by the map's name. For example, if you're looking for DM-CBP2-Archipelago, you would look under the "A" folder for "Archipelago" and -not- in the "C" folder.

Since this issue has been present, I have not been uploading the newest maps from the Mash. I do remember where I left off, so to speak and will be catching up with various uploads to Filefront this week. Everything should be back up to date in the next few days.

Thanks for your patience, everyone!

KKat
:flower: