MM Names and Games!

Check out Death Warrant's Invasion Server
DW_KarmaKat
Site Admin
Xfire: KarmaKat

Monster Mash – Names and Games

Pick a name already! Or…why you should never be labeled Imposter!

On a daily basis, we delete characters from both Monster Mash servers that are tagged with the _Imposter suffix. The server automatically adds this to character names that are already in use. If you see your character name displayed like this, for example: Death_Imposter you should know that the name "Death" is taken and you will need to make up a different character name or you will face deletion and have to start over.

What’s in a Name?

Further, in our quest to make the server happy by keeping the player info files neat and tidy, we also delete players who have numbers for their names. Character names showing up as numbers usually happens because:

1) The player doesn’t have a name entered in their UT settings.

2) The player is having connection issues (packet loss or interrupted connections) and when they try to rejoin the server, it still sees them as connected and automatically assigns them a number.

If you think your number is up or you just have to use your birth date, phone number or whatever, I suggest that you dress up the numbers with some letters or symbols, like: <<12312012>> so you can avoid becoming just another death statistic! ;)

Owning is the name of the game….or Owning the Game!

A little reminder about the perils of not owning a legitimate copy of UT (or any multiplayer game for that matter).

Recently a ban was applied to a player and lo and behold there were many other people also banned! If you’ve downloaded an illegal copy of the game or used a key generator or crack to get into an online game, you -are- playing on borrowed time. The fate of one will indeed be the fate of many, if you share or obtained illegally, a GUID or CD key. Someone with your GUID gets banned, you get banned too!! If this happens, your only option is to purchase a legal copy of the game and under no circumstances share your GUID or CD key with anyone! After all, for 10 bucks you can have the whole UT Anthology!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 0anthology

DW>KarmaKat
Karma...a term that comprises the entire cycle of cause & effect...
Kat...a supercilious quadrupedal pile of fur that doesn´t give a flying fig for Karma...
DW_Fry
DW Clan Member

Aah, so that's what's up with all the 5 character alpha-numeric strings as names.

Was wondering about that.
(Under Team Deathmatch)
Jon!
1337 Haxor
Xfire: jonk27

yes, playing in a team with 23109 and 1302 is annoying to say the least :compress:
Zaiaku
Killer in Training

The really only bad thing about this is that players will have to start all over on the new account with a different name.
DW_ACY
DW Clan Member

Zaiaku wrote:The really only bad thing about this is that players will have to start all over on the new account with a different name.

No they won't. Get in contact with proper authorities and you can have the levels transferred if you have one of the above names. This is not an issue.

No shame, no dishonor, will run away to fight another day!
ACY
Savage
DW Clan Member
Xfire: savagedogg38

Just when I was thinking of starting a new character named 154gh3ub68s4mj899... Damn!

EDIT: I know, I know... I have way too much time on my hands.
DW_KarmaKat
Site Admin

DW_Savage wrote:Just when I was thinking of starting a new character named 154gh3ub68s4mj899... Damn!

EDIT: I know, I know... I have way too much time on my hands.
ROFL!!

Savage, if you can remember that beast every time you want to switch to that character, go for it! :cheers:

If your numbers have a mix of symbols and letters, it's fine! :)

KKat

:flower:
Kat...a supercilious quadrupedal pile of fur that doesn´t give a flying fig for Karma...
DW_KarmaKat
Site Admin

Zaiaku wrote:The really only bad thing about this is that players will have to start all over on the new account with a different name.
There really are no bad things about this...

1) Since the disallowed names are deleted every day, no one has lost a huge amount of levels, maybe 10-15 or so. And at low levels, those are easily gained back in just a few maps. Everytime I see players in the server carrying the _Imposter suffix, they get a personal message in game telling them they need to pick a different name and the reason they need to do so. If they choose to ignore the obvious and choose to ignore the message, then they will forever be starting their characters over.

2) On the issue of playing on stolen or borrowed GUIDs...if you're doing this...I'll borrow a bit of quote from the Grail Knight...

"You chose poorly!"

If your GUID gets banned, then banned you will be. No sympathy or quarter given (or levels returned for that matter) for those playing on illegal copies of the game. If you're unwise enough to share your GUID, then you must face the risks involved as well.

DW>KarmaKat