Map removed?

Check out Death Warrant's Invasion Server
Akalix

Hey hum, I just wanted to know if a certain map was removed. I don't actually remember the name of the map(it'd be too simple if I did =P) so I'll try to describe it:

It had 3 rooms in in with one on the side having a black rectangular up top. You could shoot your teleporter in the corner and teleport to a couple more rooms to get to a safe adren room with music playing. I think there was "Truck" in the map's name.

Not sure if the map was removed or if I am completely oblivious to it's presence lol.

Another completely random question, I remember maybe a year ago FrankyTheFly made a Monster mash video on Youtube and it was pretty epic. Did he remove it?
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

Akalix wrote:Hey hum, I just wanted to know if a certain map was removed. I don't actually remember the name of the map(it'd be too simple if I did =P) so I'll try to describe it:

It had 3 rooms in in with one on the side having a black rectangular up top. You could shoot your teleporter in the corner and teleport to a couple more rooms to get to a safe adren room with music playing. I think there was "Truck" in the map's name.
Sounds like you are looking for CrazyTransJumpers.

Akalix wrote:Another completely random question, I remember maybe a year ago FrankyTheFly made a Monster mash video on Youtube and it was pretty epic. Did he remove it?
You can find all of Franky's videos through his YouTube User account: fmasse26
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466

Yes, CrazyTransJumper! O my gawd! Good times. Why did you guys remove it? Best map in the game =).

ANd thanks for Franky's video too.
Sokoro
Camper

Is there any complete list of all maps with screenshot? that would make easier to look for certain one without remembering a name.. i know there are screens in gametracker window on main page of this site but i have no idea how to see any other screens than these of current maps.. maybe if karmakat would upload dw mappack it would be even better..

anyway.. if anyone know.. i was thinking about map with similiar style like DM-XenomorfFacility.. it is dark with black fog.. indoor only.. some gibs on floor.. and parts of maps open after certain time.. it have redeemer spawn hidden in short ventilation.. and eons nuke layer on something near celling.. in some room there is even glass with wiev on some little cave next to that underground complex.. and middle room contain serveral tall orange crates (these from AS-Robotfactory) with adrenaline rush item in middle.. anyone know a name? it was atmosferic map and there was nothing wrong with it..
I made an AM character just to be able to use electromagnet in safe spots with 500 adrenaline and rejuvation weapon +5
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

I believe you are referring to Outpost Typhoon built by 40Shards.
That's a Halloween map. You'll see the map again around September.
Last edited by DW_Ant on Sun May 22, 2011 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

FFE466

Can a non-Halloween version of it be made for the regular rotation?
Skyline
1337 Haxor
Xfire: 40shards

Seven_of_69 wrote:Can a non-Halloween version of it be made for the regular rotation?
I'd be fine with making a regular version, but first I need to check with the original author that he's OK with it (it's actually a heavily modified version of FHI-Dark][ - I dubbed it 'Outpost Typhon' for those that don't remember it).

As for map changes, one of the main issues was difficulty finding the way around, for which reducing fog and increasing lighting (to a certain degree) are fairly obvious, but on the other hand I'd like to try to keep it as atmospheric as possible. IIRC the other main problems were a lack of z-axis gameplay and the cramped interior, so should I stick with mostly the same layout, possibly with more ways of moving around the map, or should I expand the map in some way? Are there any other issues I should know about?
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

One thing to keep in mind. You don't want to change the map too much. Or else you'll find yourself developing something completely different.

FFE466

I like Outpost Typhoon as it is. The "difficulty" in moving around the map sets it apart from 99% of what's out there. It's sort of like being a different map each time it's played.

One option IS to make something completely different but based on whatever changes you want to make to the existing map. Keep the Halloween version as is, and add some Z-axis and other paths as you mentioned to a new derived map.