Video Card Crashing!

Check out Death Warrant's Invasion Server
MONKEYSPUNK
Camper

Hey guys!

I hope you are all doing well! I have a little bit of a problem with my video card so am throwing it out to any members of this fine community to see if you can help.
I've been playing on the MM server for the last couple of moths and everything was going fine until a couple of weeks ago. All of a sudden, when playing more than one map, my game will suddenly crash :ssweating: I copied the log file and it is this:

UT2004 Build UT2004_Build_[2005-11-23_16.22]

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 2214 MHz with 2047MB RAM
Video: Intel(R) HD Graphics 530 (4444)

LockRect failed: D3DERR_OUTOFVIDEOMEMORY

History: UD3DRenderDevice::ReadPixels <- UD3DRenderDevice::Present <- UGameEngine::Draw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Adara Dam <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 10910191 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

The computer I have is pretty new (4 months old) so it shouldn't be a hardware problem. I bought it for "Word" tasks and suchlike so it isn't a high end gaming machine, but it isn't a computer that can't handle UT2K4. If someone could please advise how to fix this problem I'd be most grateful :skiss: I have a feeling that an update of WIN 10 may be the problem as it was perfect for 3 months! I am useless on WIN 10 and so don't know where to start! Any ideas?

cheers!
Monkeyspunk
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

Hey Monkeyspunk!

Several people did experience crashes when they're using Windows 10. Here are some of the solutions they've did to fix that.

Try running in Windowed mode.
Try turning off Mouse Lag.

You can configure these options through the UT2004/System/UT2004.ini file if you're unable to startup UT.

If neither of these work, please paste the contents of your UT2004/System/UT2004.log for further diagnostics.
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466

Hey, here on this forum is easy guide how to fix Win 10 problem:
https://www.ldg-gaming.eu/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=3250
I suggest using 3rd option and download that wrapper, I did it and my UT2K4 works perfectly!
Running 64 bit or Turning off the Mouse lag, makes the game run on OpenGL, making it look and feel worse (you can't actually set brightness!).
MONKEYSPUNK
Camper

Thanks guys! Really appreciate the help!
To actually get the game running to start with, I had to edit the .ini file. I found the fix online through a forum. It was perfect for a couple of months but am now having this memory problem. I'll try the options you gave me and report back.

Again, thanks for taking the time to answer.