Maps for invasion server

Check out Death Warrant's Invasion Server
Anonymouse
1337 Haxor

Oh man boy do I love this map :sinlove: ! It is very well detailed and has a refrigerator in it if you get hungry! (I did not make this map, but I just ran into it at a sniper server that I always went to.) I'm not sure if this meets the policies to perfection. And also, this map has some effects and textures that might make it lag a bit, but I didn't run into that kind of thing.
DW_BrainPan
DW Clan Member

Anonymouse wrote:Oh man boy do I love this map :sinlove: ! It is very well detailed and has a refrigerator in it if you get hungry! (I did not make this map, but I just ran into it at a sniper server that I always went to.) I'm not sure if this meets the policies to perfection. And also, this map has some effects and textures that might make it lag a bit, but I didn't run into that kind of thing.
How many guesses?
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who read binary, and everyone else.
4013 is only a FAD
And 2989? Well that's just BAD
Anonymouse
1337 Haxor

Oh, I forgot to post a link to it, sorry :scry: [web 100%,300]http://www.utzone.de/include.php?path=c ... entid=5077[/web] It's called Foofighter kitchen :sbigsmile:
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

Have you seen Kitchen?? It's a bit similar to Foofighter kitchen (excluding the many walkways around the place)
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466

It is nothing like foofighter, the map doesn't have fast adren, so if your a mapper, please tell me how to add big pills cause I'm a newb. And foofighter is more fun then kitchen because it has a some nice secrets and passages. (1 secret per person) :salute:
Anonymouse
1337 Haxor

Ok, sorry for the other website link. It's US-Foofighter Kitchen.
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

Honestly, I don't think Foofighter Kitchen will be a good map in invasion.

FFE466

[align=center][/align]
After much altering, renaming, removing adult pics, adding some big adren pills, etc., I have concluded to DM-INV-POOLPARTY. I remade the original map and made an invasion version just for the heck of it, so can it be added to the mash? It would mean a lot to me :ssmile:
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

There are several major issues with Pool Party.
  • The map is dependent on a few external files (MPC, and POOLPARTY). Oddly, my computer cannot detect the file extension for MPC so I'm not sure which folder it'll belong to. POOLPARTY is not even included in zip folder.
  • Another strange thing I found is that most of the static meshes in "mylevel" are reading 0 triangles when I can clearly see the object. I'm wondering if they are corrupted or something because the static mesh browser should be capable of detecting the amount of triangles.
  • 11 path nodes?? Be sure to read Map Submission Guidelines. Please place 100 path nodes minimum.
  • Pickups are unbalanced. Some statistics: 10 Super adren pills (8 of 10: 50 each, 1 second respawn time//2 of 10: 25 each, 1 second respawn time), 4 super health, 3 deemers, 3 painters, 2 blank weapon bases, and 7 Double Damage packs. You should check out So you're a mapper topic to see reasons why balance is necessary.
  • There are way too many particles in the small pool on the deck. I'm guessing there are over 100 emitters with 30 particles a piece. 30,000 particles are a bit excessive.
  • Collision of many meshes is misguiding. I can walk through pizza boxes, glasses, pots for the palm trees, and I can even walk through the beer keg with a lightning gun on it.
  • The map, itself, is oversized. Monsters will spawn in this one massive room, players will not be able to keep up with the killing, and players will start lagging, players get packetloss (due to extensive projectile life time)...it's all downhill from here.
Unfortunately, this map isn't made for invasion. It's intended for sniping (instagib), and it's going to be really difficult to make this playable for invasion.
I would advise tackling a different project. I have a feeling that you have a great interest in MiniMe maps. Before you edit a MiniMe map, you should check the size of the map, and the files it's dependent on. Any large MiniMe maps risk unplayability for invasion (mainly from the last bullet's reason). I would shoot for some smaller maps.[/color]

FFE466

is there a forum that discusses secrets and maps...kind find one using search...would like to know where some secrets are in some maps...no fun when 1 person knows and others dont....yes i know u can say well its a secret...but thats just lame...if that the case, y should u let ppl copy ur weps? isnt that the same? anyways would be cool to see a forum about "maps/secrets you found" anyway have fun and happy fragging