UT2k4 Team Challenge

Discuss SVA and other scrims. Want to scrim us? Post here.
Emotion
Killer in Training

Hey guys,
Since I play a lot on the DW server and a bunch of other players do the same I thouhgt I'd throw the idea of a team challenge on here.
TWL is kinda dead, but some of us miss playing good old 6v6 ONS maches.
I also thought it would be a good treat for the pub players who have gotten quite good but not had the chance to play on a team or in a 6v6 match till this point.

I'm not an expert in organizing these team challenges (so if anyone else wants to help, It will be appreciated).

Besically it will be like this, we'll start with 4 teams of 6. If more teams can be formed, the better. So we start of by selecting the team captains.

Anyone who is interested in being a team captain, just post on here. After we get 4 team captains, each captain gets another 5 players to form a team of 6 and name the team.

It really is up to DW is they want to stay as a team (or make even 2 teams) or join other teams. This is all in good fun.

After at least 4 teams are formed, we set up the matches round robin style and we set up the dates ahead of time for the matches. Back in the day we used to broadcast the maches on UTV (but im not sure how that works).

For the matches, we should do rules similar to TWL. No superweapons, etc

What does everyone think?
Toxic
DW_Ifondlesweaters
DW Clan Member

I don't know about other DWs and the like, but I'm game Emotion. I will happily join a team or be a captain, depending on what we need. Now, some questions:

How soon are we thinking about getting this underway? (I'm ready as early as this Ssturday if it would be practical)

Could we have teams formed by the end of this week? (Anybody want to be on my team?)

What maps will we frag on?

Do we want to do all the tourneys in one night?

Anyone want to chime in?
Emotion
Killer in Training

Well the sooner we can get the teams setup the sooner we can start. Everything is dependant on the teams.

The amount of matches we play in one day depends on how many teams we have also.

In the past we've played like 2-3 matches a day for about 3-4 days till we finished the tournament.

So basically a team will play just once a day. This gives them some time to figure out their strategy for the next game which should be the next day.

The most time consuming part is the forming the teams.

Since people are being shy, I'll be a captain. Thanx fondles also for being another captain. We need at least 2 more. I'll start recruiting for my team, also spread the word around, im sure many people would love to play. Its fun.

So we got

1. Emotion
2. Ifondlesweaters
3. ?
4. ?

Come on guys dont be shy....jump in!

As for the maps, we could all decide once we get the teams underway
Toxic
Skytech13
Killer in Training
Xfire: skytech13

I'll be happy to play, I dont think i can be a captain mainly cause i dont know too many people on a personal note and dont really care to have to look for and recruit peeps. So on that note...I am a free agent and taking bids for my services :thumbright: :salute:
DW_BrainPan
DW Clan Member

I'll play, though I also do not wish to be a captain.
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who read binary, and everyone else.
4013 is only a FAD
And 2989? Well that's just BAD
DW_StaticLan
1337 Haxor

I'm in......
DW_KarmaKat
Site Admin
Xfire: KarmaKat

::raises a paw::

I'll sacrifce some fur for the cause! ;)

My only caveat...CoD4 TWL matching will take precedence if any games come up during the tourney. Otherwise, I'm your Kat! :cheers:

KKat
:flower:
Karma...a term that comprises the entire cycle of cause & effect...
Kat...a supercilious quadrupedal pile of fur that doesn´t give a flying fig for Karma...
Emotion
Killer in Training

Great!! Here come the troops!

OK We'll try to schedule around COD4 games etc.

I would like to give ourselves till Sunday, Aug 17th to form the teams. That should be enough time to get everyone ready. We can potentially start playing from Tuesday, Aug 19th. We'll fine tune the schedule once we get closer.

Spread the word!! :)

There's always people on the server playing, Im sure many of them will want in on this. Everyone is welcome!
Last edited by Emotion on Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Toxic
Emotion
Killer in Training

So while we're getting the teams set and waiting on some captains, lets discuss maps.

We have a pool of the following maps to choose from

Primeval
Torlan
Ascendancy LE
Nevermore LE
Articstronghold
Red Planet
Dria
Frostbite
Dawn
Severance
Crossfire

What should we add to the list? Please chime in your ideas. Remember, superweapons will be turned off, so no redeemers. This will make it a bit more challenging. Also this is 6V6 so very large pub maps wont work well.
Toxic
DW_Ifondlesweaters
DW Clan Member

I'm down for sticking to those maps, maybe a little Dreamus for fun.

Any other peeps stepping up as captains?

Skytech and Brainpan check your PMs. I've also recruited Karma. Looking for two more people to join my team, and we also need a sweet name to put fear into our enemies. Rabid Bunnies? Swiftboat Veterans? I'm hoping to have a team throwing together some strats and maybe a quick practice this weekend.