Final Purchase Choices - Need Opinions

Mapmaking? Modeling? Discuss all that stuff that's too complicated for most mere mortals here.
DW_Hornet
DW Clan Member

DW_Damnidge wrote:So If I am hearing you correctly, the "R" Gigabyte board would let me run the DDR2 right now, and then give me even more upgrade room to go to DDR3 in the same ram sockets later down the road?

If so, then that's a really good point. Anyone know of a deal on that one now?
The P35C would be that board. It was also $40 (last i checked) more expensive for the option and DDR3 doesn't seem to have any benifits yet. BTW you only get 2 ram slots for DDR2, and 2 more for DDR3. You will never be able to go >2gb unless you spend alot of money on ram.
d2frob
1337 Haxor

Being able to get DDR3 at some point sounds like a sound choice. The extra bit now could save a lot when the next upgrade comes along.
DW_ACY
DW Clan Member

Hey Damnidge I like option 2 for the simple reason of the 4mb of memory on the cpu. Your choice man but any time I can get something with more memory I'm on it.

No shame, no dishonor, will run away to fight another day!
ACY
Damnidge
1337 Haxor

The more I stare at it the more I lean toward getting better options.

I got the psu and case today, and tomorrow I'll do some more research on ram and probably pull the trigger on that.

I started looking at q6600s today. I found an oem one for 267. I am going to wait for the penryns to come out and cross my fingers for a sweet deal! :thumbup:
Cheers, Damnidge