Which Processor Zeus?! (and others =)

Mapmaking? Modeling? Discuss all that stuff that's too complicated for most mere mortals here.
Damnidge
1337 Haxor

Thanks Toxic.

I had seen the ones on eWiz, but my concern is that the one at ClubIT was the new Conroe MO stepping. The links you posted, as well as a few others I have found, do not have any reference to it being the Conroe MO stepping, or the Allendale non-MO stepping. I was pissed because it seems I lost the great price on the "updated" e4500. I figured the MO Conroe would be a lot better that the Allendale. Is there a big Difference?

The other concern I have is with the OEM chip. If I understand it right, I will only have a 90 day warranty instead of a year one. Isn't that taking a big risk?
Cheers, Damnidge
DW_Bomzin
Site Admin
Xfire: bomzin

I'm so using you as a guinea pig Damnidge . I've had most the same questions as you .

So how much money we talking about saving and/or more bang for the buck if someone were to wait till January . I think we will see a drop in prices right at the new year as people unload their stock so they don't have to invintory it .
mersenary aka MinisterofDeath
1337 Haxor

DW_Damnidge wrote:Thanks Toxic.

I had seen the ones on eWiz, but my concern is that the one at ClubIT was the new Conroe MO stepping. The links you posted, as well as a few others I have found, do not have any reference to it being the Conroe MO stepping, or the Allendale non-MO stepping. I was pissed because it seems I lost the great price on the "updated" e4500. I figured the MO Conroe would be a lot better that the Allendale. Is there a big Difference?

The other concern I have is with the OEM chip. If I understand it right, I will only have a 90 day warranty instead of a year one. Isn't that taking a big risk?
I wouldnt worry about the warranty...since I believe if you overclock it voids the warranty...unless of course you lie if it burns up.
Damnidge
1337 Haxor

Well, I said ahh f it - I got the e6750. I found a place with a 10/10 resellerratings score in NJ, so I avoided tax. I got the e6750 for 185. Not too bad at all.

I got my Xmas money included with my birthday money from my parents today so that gave me a little unexpected smile :cheers:

I found my mobo today also for a killer deal - free shipping and with tax it was just a bit over 100.

It looks like my patience will pay off. By the time I'm done, and I have my $55 in rebates I think I will be able to build this thing for under 800 including tax and shipping if the GT turns out to be what I want it to be. Monday is almost here!

In direct response to your question Bomzin, I personally don't think you'll see a huge difference. The prices that were posted in Toxic's link are similar to the ones now, and as we all know the internet sites charge more than those prices when demand is up. The real nice perk to waiting is the extra 2mb of L2 cache, but for me it came down to wanting this thing built before Thanksgiving and Xmas break when I can play UT and COD4:MW :thumbleft:
Cheers, Damnidge