Unreal Cache Manager v.Alpha :)

Mapmaking? Modeling? Discuss all that stuff that's too complicated for most mere mortals here.
Slimicus
Killer in Training

Ok, here's the Alpha version of Unreal Cache Manager... the official version is 1.0.2916.40184 (edited).

The installer now works
Image Image Image
Pleassseee understand this is an alpha release.. that means I haven't even thoroughly tested it enough to call it beta. (And it's still missing features) but I think it's far enough along for some to benefit, and I would love to get feedback on any bugs, feature requests or comments while I continue development. (Feel free to either add to this thread or PM me)

You can download it from here:

Unreal Cache Manager (Latest Version)

I hope you enjoy it :)

Oh, the skins tool is just there to tease everyone (and elicit feedback,) it's not functional yet.. so feel free to comment on that.
Last edited by Slimicus on Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Slimicus
Killer in Training

Woops... Bio and Inspector found a bug with the installer that made it require a version of the .NET Framework that didn't exist :)

I've fixed this, it should now require the .NET Framework 2.0 (which is available through Windows Update and installed by default in most cases... so you shouldn't need to download it or anything)

Anyway, if anyone notices weird install behavior.. please let me know and I'll fix it :)

The new package has been posted to the same location, so the above link still works...

Current Version:
Slimicus
Killer in Training

Fixed an Unhandle Exception (FileNotFoundException) if an orphan cache item was detected. This usually happened during startup, if you pressed "Continue" you would see some of the entries in your cache, but not all of them.

Added a detection mechanism for orphaned cache items and the option to remove them once found.
[hr]
To automatically open the update, use "Tools -> Check for Updates" from the UCM Tools menu.

(Thanks Inspector for pointing these errors out :)

Current Version: