unable to get on ut2k4

Mapmaking? Modeling? Discuss all that stuff that's too complicated for most mere mortals here.
darkdeath

Well for you smart people here is a problem...
Since about a month ago i haven't been able to join ANY UT2k4 servers.
What happens is you hit join server, the little loading map box comes up, goes away, comes back up, and then it says that the server failed to send me the map... Even if i already have the map its not letting me get on...

Exact words "Connection Failed Downloading package 'maps name' failed: Server refused to send 'maps name'

if anyone could help it would help before my prized char gets deleted after the 2 months! :*(
DW_Mobius
DW Clan Member
Xfire: redeemermma

Try clearing your cache. If that doesn't work, I'd back up your .ini file and reinstall. I doubt your gremlins can beat that.
darkdeath

y ill try, thanks mobius... And for some reason im also not able to talk on vent, im finnaly able to get on, just cant talk... ehh its one thing after another now days...
joeblow
1337 Haxor

Make sure your UT2004 is up to date. If you have the demo version you can't connect.

As far as Vent goes make sure your mic works outside of vent and then make sure the button you have marked for talk is not used bu another program. If you have Vista you have to run it as "admin" even if it is marked as such. Least in my case I can hear people but not talk if I dont manually "run as administrator".

wp
joblow@bellsouth.net game contact email.