DM-Elimination-Chamber

Mapmaking? Modeling? Discuss all that stuff that's too complicated for most mere mortals here.
DW_Apok@lypse
DW Clan Member
Xfire: apokalypse86

Hello everybody :ssmile: ,
after my first map i build another one, but it´s still not ready. I think my map need 1-2 days to be ready. But it looks cool and will have some nice thing. :sgiggle:

The download link is coming soon... :banana:

Apo :sbigsmile:

Last edited by DW_Apok@lypse on Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Energy-Plant -> Elimination-Chamber -> Crossfire-Xtreme -> Anniversary
Nano-Technics -> Choco-Wars -> Dragon-Tower ->
(Next Map Fall 2016) Survive
JulianKingOfNothing
1337 Haxor
Xfire: dont remember

Lol nice paint picture :D

From what I've seen from ur preview, its a great map! Like always ;)
DW_Apok@lypse
DW Clan Member

Thank you julian :sgiggle: ,
map is 99% ready and will be able on saturday for download :wav:.

DW_Apok@lypse
DW Clan Member

Yeha map is ready for Download:
(keep rollin) :scool:

Download link:
>>DM-Elimination-Chamber<<(the right link is down :sbigsmile: )

Last edited by DW_Apok@lypse on Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JulianKingOfNothing
1337 Haxor
Xfire: dont remember

Lol apo, sudoku? :sbigsmile:
If I didn't have UEd open, I would've died.

And a secret weapon room with no weapons? Haha ur evil.

GJ mofo, GJ ! :snod:
DW_Apok@lypse
DW Clan Member

Thank you very much julian :swink: .
Sorry... :sgiggle:
I forgot to put deemers on deemer spawn and i found some more error, but now i solved the problems :sevilgrin:.

Last edited by DW_Apok@lypse on Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DW_KarmaKat
Site Admin
Xfire: KarmaKat

Hiya!

We've got your map, but haven't run it for testing yet. Here in the States we're coming up on a major holiday...Thanksgiving...and most, if not all of us, are going to be pretty busy and/or out of town for the next few days. Hopefully we will give it a run through the first part of next week. Thanks for being patient! :)

KKat

:flower:
Karma...a term that comprises the entire cycle of cause & effect...
Kat...a supercilious quadrupedal pile of fur that doesn´t give a flying fig for Karma...
DW_Apok@lypse
DW Clan Member

Thank you very much Karmakat and Happy Thanksgiving. :swink:

I would test it too, but i can only on saturdays.
If you want to test it without me, it´s ok. :ssmile:

I have a new solution for DM-Energy-Plant:

I will make DM-Energy-Plant to DM-Energy-Plant-XS, this means i build map again but i make it a little smaller than the normal map.

Changes on map:

- Sizes (10000 x 10000 x 4000) reduce to (5000 x 5000 x 2000)
- Then there wouldn´t be tubes
- The path notes will be reduced from 1678 to 850
- No tunnelsystem because it looks ugly
- and some other things

DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

We had a run through Elimination Chamber last night. Some points to address:
  • It had a really slow start for the first few waves. There were only four of us, and we easily covered the entire floor with mines. I would recommend removing the mine layer in the first locker, and making it available in the later waves when the doors open up.
  • Speaking of lockers, the pickups were annoying. Every locker has all weapons. Please disperse the weapons a little bit more.
  • There's no need to have fast spawning four sets of super adrenaline pills in the secret room. The respawn time could be greatly reduced.
  • Could have only one deemer in secret, too.
  • When the center piece moves down, players may get trapped inside (verified this on my local machine). Maybe when it goes down, can you enable a way out of there in case you do get trapped? Anticamping volume, hidding teleporter in the ground (the ground opens up while the center collapses), the choice is yours :)
  • Suduko Puzzle: I never did any suduko before, but when I attempted this one, it was too easy to find the missing slots, but once you found the slots the directions on the wall is confusing. I didn't really understand what I was suppose to do with these numbers. So I simply divided by ten then jumped in the right box...lucky guess.
  • But I did do some messing around with the other boxes. People could easily "cheat" their way out by transing before the lava gets them. May I recommend using sheets to cover over the lava rather than a mover?
  • I believe you are using the wrong miniboss actor to spawn the miniboss. Since Bio recently made an update (a better look, and more balanced with the damage rather than an instant kill), it would be better to use the miniboss spawn actor from a map like StorageHouse (the icon in the editor should appear as a yellow circle with the miniboss in the middle). That way you could not only set the wave he spawns, but also what kind of projectiles he throws and the sound of the projectiles!
  • The trial with the many small platforms is too easy. I could easily trans over, or wall jump out of there without hitting any platforms. I think this will be a good place to experiment with volumes (try tripling the gravity to reduce air time, and placing a limitation volume to block trans disc will increase the difficulty). It wouldn't hurt to decrease the move time of the movers too, I could simply walk over it to the other corner before it dips into the lava.
  • Flickering Doors: The doors flicker when they go up. Displacing them by 1 uu will prevent this.
  • Texture glitch: When people have their texture detail maxed out in the secret room, they'll get this strange black "fog." I forgot to take a screenshot in how it looks, but I'm certain you may see this when you max your texture detail. I'm uncertain in what you did to the textures, did you mylevel them? Did you uncheck generate mipmaps? Did you flag any surface properties? I would investigate in what could be causing this.
[/color]
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466

Ok, thank you very much for testing :ssmile: ,
i gonna fix map and upload it, to filefront today.