DM-Sydney-INV

Mapmaking? Modeling? Discuss all that stuff that's too complicated for most mere mortals here.
Anonymouse
1337 Haxor

I have a few problems, but I'm not sure there are any easy fixes to them :scratch:
So here it goes:
1)When I look straight out into the distance, I get extreme FPS lag and I'm not sure if fog will be the fix.
2)The miniboss doesn't spawn, but I set up a miniboss spawn copied from DW-monstermasharena.
Thanks for the help, Mouse :cat:
Dynadin
Pro but Noob

I don't know if I can be of any help but I will give it a go.

1. I had this problem on a map once and fixed it by blending fog in the map with fog in the skybox. I don't know if it will work on your map but I thought I would suggest it.

2. I have never got the miniboss to work while testing. You need the miniboss mutator and a wave notifier mutator to make it work and I could never be bothered to get them (don't know the right versions either) They have always worked once put onto the server though so I just place them then hope.
To bring about the end you have to start at the beginning.
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

There's a property in your zone info something like bCleartoDistanceFog.

When you have a skybox as a background, you should set this to true so your computer will stop rendering objects beyond the "fog end" distance.

Otherwise you should leave this false to prevent HOM.
(I may have this switched around.)

As for the miniboss, what icon does it appear as? Are you using the scripted trigger version, or the version that actually shows the miniboss as an icon in the editor?
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466

The miniboss is an icon that shows him on it. I couldn't get to this map any earlier because I'm focusing my whole attention in DW'sStorageFacility.