Calling all mappers (and groupies of Mappers)

Mapmaking? Modeling? Discuss all that stuff that's too complicated for most mere mortals here.
DW_ToxicWaste
Site Admin

Guys, I need maps. I'm out there hunting now and I've found a couple, but it gets harder and harder every day. If any of you are promising young mappers looking for a place to try one out, or if you know of maps that you whink will work well on the server, send them on!

In order for a map to be considered it must:

Be well balanced (i.e. Red has 4 nodes on their "half" of the map and Blue does too and they are fairly equal in distance from the respective cores.)
Be a decent size
Have a good number of vehicles
Have a decent number of nodes (at least 2-3 for each side counting the middle)

Don't worry about link setups. They can always be manipulated. And if you find a map with something neat in it, or if it is close, but has one fatal flaw, forward those on as well because we can work with the map author to make changes.

Thanks guys!

Rich (TW)
Zax_Gentoo_Box
1337 Haxor

I was playing a map the other day D$K-Gunshop, and it was pretty cool. Levis, SPMAs, cicadas, the whole nine yards. Pretty decent size, too. I'm not in for the particulars.. Candylick was playing too.
noxiousCaitSith
1337 Haxor

i've just starting using the ut editor cause i finally found where it was on the computer...anyway, i'm in the process of learning how the stuff works so hopefully i'll be able to make some levels soon. they'll probably suck but whatever. i guess if anyone has a map they'd like to draw out i could make it maybe. :cheers: :bounce: :cyclopsani:
DW_BrainPan
DW Clan Member

Zax_Gentoo_Box wrote:I was playing a map the other day D$K-Gunshop, and it was pretty cool. Levis, SPMAs, cicadas, the whole nine yards. Pretty decent size, too. I'm not in for the particulars.. Candylick was playing too.
I believe this map was removed, and rightly so. It is extremely biased, giving one team an unfair advantage.

I'll keep an eye out Toxic.
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who read binary, and everyone else.
4013 is only a FAD
And 2989? Well that's just BAD
Zax_Gentoo_Box
1337 Haxor

Yeah BrainPan, while it was pretty cool the first couple of times, I eventually came to hate it >.< no more Gunshop! Stop the nightmares!
DW_WailofSuicide
DW Clan Member

I haven't seen Gunshop on the server in awhile, leading me to believe it's gone. BSlap/TMU/Dreamus I see regularly, but Gunshop? Nope.
noxiousCaitSith
1337 Haxor

i'm not exactly sure cause i never really paid attention to the servers names before...but was there a map called beer battle on this server?
WHIPperSNAPper
1337 Haxor

I have an ONS map that I had thought about making for my first UT 2004 map, but I've left it sitting on the cutting room floor for a month.

How would you feel about a no-vehicles on-foot regular weapons style map intended for small player counts (16 people and fewer)? Servers do need small player count maps for when only a couple people are on the server, IMHO.
DW_Hornet
DW Clan Member

WHIPperSNAPper wrote:I have an ONS map that I had thought about making for my first UT 2004 map, but I've left it sitting on the cutting room floor for a month.

How would you feel about a no-vehicles on-foot regular weapons style map intended for small player counts (16 people and fewer)? Servers do need small player count maps for when only a couple people are on the server, IMHO.
Only one way to find out, load it up.
Marbles
Pro but Noob

Hmm I got some inv. maps i made =D
MMA>Marbles
MMA>Marbles_WM