Textures...

Mapmaking? Modeling? Discuss all that stuff that's too complicated for most mere mortals here.
kaeolian
1337 Haxor

As I have been working through a tutorial online, It asked me to put some texture to my water I had just created. Not a problem, I go to the texture box select open to find that the liquids texture files I was instructed to open arent in my texture folder ?

This sounds slightly strange I have also noticed that when i go to use the special brush in the prefabs list i have no water as showen in the screen shots, but it does look like a diff version unrealed.
Aih PittaH TeH F00l !!!1!11

kaeolian
1337 Haxor

Doesnt matter I found some water textures now, they like to hide a lot of stuff with stupid names dont they lol.
Aih PittaH TeH F00l !!!1!11

zeus
1337 Haxor

They are horrible on the names of everything. I cannot find anything. If you look at the unreal wiki, they have a couple of helpful things.

One, they have a general listing of some meshes and textures and what packages they are in.

Two, there is an app you can download (I have not looked at it yet), which is a database for most of the textures and meshes.
DW_WailofSuicide
DW Clan Member

Piss-poor package labelling is just one of the facts of life in 2003/4. The UT99 packages are just so much more sensibly named. Even in UT99 though it can be a real pain in the butt to use the package system if you don't know what the default packages are. For example, is "GenericMeshes.usx" (example only) something that's in a default package, or is it content included with a user-made map? The only way you can know is by digging around in the Wiki, which ought to be way too inefficient.

I hope in 2007 they work on a better solution. Some kind of searchable database with user-defined tags and such.