MoverWeaponBase Help!

Mapmaking? Modeling? Discuss all that stuff that's too complicated for most mere mortals here.
Kourage

Ok first off if someone brought this up already I'm sorry i didn't see it.

For my map i want to make a weapon base that can stay with a mover that i made, and the only why i can see it doing this was making a moverweaponbase. I tried to combine the two scripts of a mover and xpickupbase. and with trial and error every time it didn't work... so I'm asking is will one of you be kind enough to help me code a moverweaponbase.
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

I don't think it's possible. You may be able to find a way to move the weapon base, but I don't see a way moving the weapon itself.

Assuming you successfully moved the weapon base, you'll encounter more problems.
A. Weapon stay is turned on, so once the weapon spawns, it stays there. Coding will be required to make the weapon spawn once.

B. If you are able to spawn the weapon once, then you'll need to code the weapon to spawn only once. For example, you can spawn a redeemer using a scripted trigger, but once you spawn the deemer, it'll spawn again after two minutes.

Maybe you could come up with alternate solutions? If you want to, you could share your scenario and what you want to do. Maybe we can come up with an alternate solution ;)
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466

I do not think it is easily doable. Weapon bases are navigation points which become pathed when you build a map. So paths and navigation points are static by nature, while movers are dynamic. Depending on what "object" weapon bases "inherit" from (are "extended" from), it might be possible to make a weapon base that is not a navigation point and does not get pathed to (i.e. could be made dynamic).
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who read binary, and everyone else.
4013 is only a FAD
And 2989? Well that's just BAD
Skyline
1337 Haxor
Xfire: 40shards

Trying to copy the mover code won't work since a lot of it is written in native (therefore uneditable) C++ code. However, you can set up mover keys for any actor, it's only a question of whether the actor can react to that code as it should. Setting bStatic to false will go a long way. It should be possible to alter pathing by using RemoveFromNavigation and AddToNavigation appropriately. Attaching the weapon to the base could be a simple matter of using SetBase on the spawned weapon. I'll have a go at it and get back to you.

Edit: Progress!
Kourage

Its ok. if need be i can just alter the boats movement so it only goes up and down. then find a weaponbase static make it a mover, then add a real hidden weaponbase. so people will only see the one moving up and down with the boat
Kourage

actually i found a way to ghetto rig a moving weapon base. at least it works with the dec_2 ship of the Epic_November2 static mesh. you place the weapon base inside the mover. and it seems to say with it. but the spiral emitter doesn't show anymore. but it seems to do the job i needed. thanks for looking into it guys.