Spam Viking official map makers.

Mapmaking? Modeling? Discuss all that stuff that's too complicated for most mere mortals here.
zeus
1337 Haxor

Gorzakk wrote:One thing is this, has anyone got any scraps? Bits an bobs of maps they took up, and later abandoned for some reason? If so, why not pass that map along for someone else to attempt to rescue? Another thing is everybody here is good at different aspects of mapping. I am pretty good with vehicle code, but just plain suck at making environments. If someone is good at environments, make something extreme! Caves tunnels wotnot, I'll come up with vehicles that can deal with it.

That kind of thing.
I have some ideas.. I am pretty far into this one right now, but it is getting a bit frustrating. I was planning on doing a couple with an ancient greek theme. I have redone my static meshes three times now! :D The one I am currently working on is a large ONS with mountains called Mount Olympus. However, i have this weird thing where you can fall through the terrain if you hit the steep slopes fast enough... It is really odd.

Anyways, i was thinking of converting that one to a hellish one for Hades and making the Olympus one kind of a cloud map. sort of like air mars but with more ways to travel. I would not mind including some of your air vehicles with your permission of course. hell, if you could design a chariot, that would be pretty freakin awesome... I also want to make a water map for posiden. That would cover the three major gods.

An egyption map with the death gliders from star gate would be pretty cool.
DW_Wraith
DW Clan Member

I got bits and pieces that I've created and the world has yet to see, a couple of them are on the map I'm re-working, but most of the stuff is not. I have stuff that you would put in a "city environment". I have a "Skully" gas station, (pumps, building, signage) Quonset (A trademark used for a prefabricated portable hut having a semicircular roof of corrugated metal that curves down to form walls.), Drive in theatre (Screen, speakers & Poles, Concession stand (partial), signage, pylons, metal gate.

All the items I made myself. The buildings include collision models in the .ase.

If anyone wants something made for them, let me know. If its not too complicated, I can do it. If you have certain textures you want on it, let me know, so I can assign the materials and scale them correctly to the item.
Gorzakk
1337 Haxor

zeus wrote:
Gorzakk wrote:I would not mind including some of your air vehicles with your permission of course.
Anyone here can use any of my vehicles for any map they like. All I ask is if you change the characteristics of a vehicle in a big way (like swapping weapons or something) then change the name of the vehicle to something else.

Example: Put a flak gun in the falcon call it a Flak Falcon or a Falcon T or a Flakon or something.
zeus
1337 Haxor

Gorzakk wrote:
zeus wrote:
Gorzakk wrote:I would not mind including some of your air vehicles with your permission of course.
Anyone here can use any of my vehicles for any map they like. All I ask is if you change the characteristics of a vehicle in a big way (like swapping weapons or something) then change the name of the vehicle to something else.

Example: Put a flak gun in the falcon call it a Flak Falcon or a Falcon T or a Flakon or something.
Cool.. We will see if any of my ideas actually get off the ground.. ;)
Gorzakk
1337 Haxor

Does anyone have a snowscape or desertlike map just lying around? Got to be hilly, basic. No eye candy or anything else. I have a map idea and am just looking for a big uneven surface with some nice big Ion volumes on the edges. Anyone have anything like that in their reject bin?
zeus
1337 Haxor

Gorzakk wrote:Does anyone have a snowscape or desertlike map just lying around? Got to be hilly, basic. No eye candy or anything else. I have a map idea and am just looking for a big uneven surface with some nice big Ion volumes on the edges. Anyone have anything like that in their reject bin?
I don't think that I have anything like that, but if you want to describe it a bit more, I could probably whip something up pretty quickly. Like what size, how hilly, etc... Are you wanting something like Grit?
Gorzakk
1337 Haxor

zeus wrote:
Gorzakk wrote:Does anyone have a snowscape or desertlike map just lying around? Got to be hilly, basic. No eye candy or anything else. I have a map idea and am just looking for a big uneven surface with some nice big Ion volumes on the edges. Anyone have anything like that in their reject bin?
I don't think that I have anything like that, but if you want to describe it a bit more, I could probably whip something up pretty quickly. Like what size, how hilly, etc... Are you wanting something like Grit?
Yep, that size but a little less hilly. Snow terrain. The idea I have is to use nothing but dense fog for cover and have a completely open battlefield. Have some pretty unusual vehicles in mind for it that should be lots of fun.
DW_Wraith
DW Clan Member

Completely open with dense fog.....

now why didn't I think of that! If done right, it could be a whole lotta fun!
zeus
1337 Haxor

Gorzakk wrote:
Yep, that size but a little less hilly. Snow terrain. The idea I have is to use nothing but dense fog for cover and have a completely open battlefield. Have some pretty unusual vehicles in mind for it that should be lots of fun.
Did you just want terrain?? You did not say what size you needed. That would be pretty easy to make. Just a bunch of hills. In fact, that is two clicks. Did you want mountains on the sides? Skybox?
Gorzakk
1337 Haxor

Just a bunch of hills. Around the edges a valley, we can call the map "ONS-Blizzard Valley" or something. Make it pretty big with plenty of gentle hills and valleys, thinking of making it heavily based on rushing about with scorpius, mantas (and something special I've got for you all). Like the less hilly areas of Gritnights I suppose. Skybox snow. I think I've got just the thing for it. Thinking setting the fog distance to between 1000-2000 somewhere. So you are practically invisible until you are within flakking distance of a node. This might not work, but if it does it will be a blast.