Balloon as a vehicle

Mapmaking? Modeling? Discuss all that stuff that's too complicated for most mere mortals here.
DW_Wraith
DW Clan Member

I have created (but not finished) a hot air balloon, and I was just wondering if it could be made into a vehicle and how much work would it be? Would anyone be interested in trying to convert it over? The balloon is a static mesh I created. I was thinking if only it could have some type of gun on it and a means to steer it. (Can you put this mesh over a raptor at all? LOL)

Anyhow, I might plan on creating a mover out of it if nothing else, or perhaps use it to transport people to a place that is unaccessible or just a people mover/people sniper type of deal, I dunno.....

Grasping at straws.....

Wraith

:idea:
DW_Hornet
DW Clan Member

Minus tank me up had those new vehicles in there, so its definitly possible. I think those mini tanks were really supposed to be hellbenders. As when you destroy them they magically turn into a broken bender.
DW_Ifondlesweaters
DW Clan Member

Wraith, have you ever played the Air Bucanners mod for Unreal? It's an entire game based around hot air balloon warfare. Maybe you can get some inspiration here, if you haven't already seen it:

http://ludocraft.oulu.fi/airbuccaneers/
Gorzakk
1337 Haxor

Yeah its possible. This already a zeppelin out there for UT2004. The Kirov airship from C&C got modded by someone to work in unreal. I'll see if I can dig it out when my PC calms down.

Depending on what the ballon consists of, it could be very very easy to working. Here is a very simple test to check if the thing is usable:-

create a new class from the Attack craft that has these variables.

Code: Select all

class Baloon extends ONSAttackCraft
    placeable;
{
     Mesh=SkeletalMesh'[i]<<your baloon here>>[/i]'
}
Bung it in a vehice factory and try it out. If it doesnt work the first time change "skeletalMesh" to "StaticMesh". If it doesnt work at all my guess is it needs to be created as an animations mesh.
DW_Wraith
DW Clan Member

I'll try to do that and see what happens Gorz, thanks for the info.

Wraith
Gorzakk
1337 Haxor

Let us know if it works or not. There are other ways.