ut2004 for mac related question

Mapmaking? Modeling? Discuss all that stuff that's too complicated for most mere mortals here.
jkammueller
Killer in Training

Hello everyone! guess what? I just want to post ut2k4 for mac is now allowing me 2 access invasion servers! I have been talking with the admins and figured this out on my own. I originally could not connect to any invasion servers but now I can because of the following procedure:

I deleted the /Users/User/Library/Application Support/Unreal Tournament 2004 folder on my system so I could rest my settings. If your log on name is Test, then you would delete the /Users/Test/Library/Application Support/Unreal Tournament 2004 folder on the default Mac OS X hard drive.

Now i have a new problem: reflective surfaces including weapons of reflection and characters in monster mash (or so it seems only monster mash) appear dull and white instead of silver and reflective. Any Ideas? Possibly another corrupt setting located elsewhere?
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

I know someone that uses the Mac for UT2k4. We found several differences when playing on the mac (such some of the weapon skins) You may also experience other problems like the Healing Sphere's Material being less transparent, MP5 not having any shooting sounds, and the HitSounds do not change pitch.
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466

Xfire: dont remember

You're telling me you can run UT2004 on your mac?
Mind helping a player out who hasn't played ut2004 for almost a year now since I upgraded my mac.
11/3485
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

I don't have enough knowledge of the MAC to help you out. Have you tried reinstalling?
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466

Xfire: dont remember

Yes I have, the problem is that NSQuickdraw has deprecated, so the mac is now running on something called Quartz, which I can't seem to find on my computer, or elsewhere on the internet. I also considered downgrading my mac, but I'm afraid that'll cost me my programs.