what's this problem about?

Mapmaking? Modeling? Discuss all that stuff that's too complicated for most mere mortals here.
Kamo777

Hi. When wanted to join the game, it crashed and said this message:
UT2004 Build UT2004_Build_[2005-11-23_16.22]

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 2682 MHz with 511MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X (9371)

General protection fault!

History: CheckTag <- LoadSummary <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- UObject::CollectGarbage <- AttemptLoadPending <- TickPending <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Untitled <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 10910191 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free
does anyone know what's the problem about?
Thanks beforehand
Ms. Vaughn
Killer in Training

Kamo777 wrote: OS: Windows XP 5.1 (Build: 2600)
CPU: with 511MB RAM
-giggles- What a nice computer! Hehehe.

Anyways, are you updated?
Unreal needs to be 3369 to connect and play to this server or else that was my problem.

Update UT04 and try that if not, reinstall and apply update ;)

Hope that helps.

EDIT: If you have trouble finding the update, let me know.
DW_WailofSuicide
DW Clan Member

Occasional crashes are pretty much a normal occurrence. Has this been happening repeatedly and under what conditions?
DW_FrankyTheFly
DW Clan Member

LOL Geforce 4 MX... I think this card doesn't even have a full directX 8 support (like missing pixel shader mostly). You should upgrade your vid card dude, and make sure it's an AGP card if your motherboard do not have PCI-Express.

... yep, just got this info from wikipedia:
"In the features comparison chart between the Ti and MX lines, it showed that the only "feature" that was missing on the MX was the nfiniteFX II engine, aka the DirectX 8 programmable vertex and pixel shaders."

And I'm pretty sure UT2004 need support for pixel and vertex shader.
I got the reflex of the fly, now catch me if you can!
Kamo777

Ms. Vaughn wrote:
Kamo777 wrote: OS: Windows XP 5.1 (Build: 2600)
CPU: with 511MB RAM
-giggles- What a nice computer! Hehehe.
:sgiggle: :sbigsmile: I know this is not a computer, but a calculator :)
Anyways, are you updated?
Unreal needs to be 3369 to connect and play to this server or else that was my problem.
Actually, i was playing the till monday. I even have got 200+ lvl char. on MM server 2 (same name). I've used the the 3369 too. I've reinstalled the game. Everything (single and other servers) work perfectly, but MM server 2.

Does anyone any idea about why it suddenly started to crash while was running normally? I don't want to wait untill I get new comp. I just cannot stay away from my only fav. server :scry:
DW_FrankyTheFly
DW Clan Member

Looks like a very specific problem with your computer. Many things could explain sudden crashes (The power supply is failing and is not sending enough power, the video card got damaged by over-heat, Driver not up to date, very specific shader in UT maps make you crash, windows updates can screw up some process related to the game, spywares can broke your game, corrupted files on your UT discs (yep that can happen), and many others).

If you are sure you are using the latest patch for UT2004 and your video card driver is up to date and it is still doing this, the cause can be anything posted up there.

Unfortunately, having your computer up to date (Hardware and software) is the only "real" way to make sure everything works in order, otherwise finding very specific problems can become a reel puzzle.
I got the reflex of the fly, now catch me if you can!
DW_Bomzin
Site Admin
Xfire: bomzin

How many games have you played successfully on MM1? Was the server full?

They are almost identical servers.