2k4 Server Watch Beta v0.5.4

Mapmaking? Modeling? Discuss all that stuff that's too complicated for most mere mortals here.
necro
Killer in Training

Hey all!

I wrote a quick ut2004 server monitoring app for my own uses, but I figured it may be useful to others.

It's beta, but it seems to work just fine for me. However please report any issues or feature requests to this thread (for now).

For now it requires .NET 4, but I'm going to work to lower that requirement if it's requested.

You can grab the installer here: http://stuff.nvdesign.net/2k4ServerWatch.exe

I fully stand behind open source standards, so if anyone wants the source to the app just let me know!

Screenshot: Image

Go Sal!!!
Last edited by necro on Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
vinc3h
Camper

Very impressive, i actually would like to have this to keep an eye on who is on and what map is being played since it impacts my decision to join or not, one feature i highly recommend though
either dockable to the desktop, or minimizable to the system tray to clear up the little taskba r thing or whatever its called, or both features even cooler! Oh, and a 'Join' button for quickjoining from desktop. having a brainfart as i write this lol
3D Modeler, Texture Artist, Level Designer
necro
Killer in Training

Fantastic idea with the join button! I'm not so sure about docking it, but minimize to tray is certainly doable... What about a popup balloon notification on server change?
Habulin
Camper

It looks epic. :D

LP Habulin
necro
Killer in Training

I've made the changes you requested vince, as well as a minor re-design to reduce the height a bit. Hit the same link in my first post for the latest version (I haven't tested upgrades yet, so do a quick uninstall before installing the new version). A change list and screenshot is below:

Changes:
  • Added server name to status pane control
  • Rearranged status window, reduced height
  • Added minimize to server option: when checked closing the app will instead hide the main window and show a tray icon. You can double click the icon to re-open the window, or right click and show/quit. When in tray mode, if the map changes, a balloon popup will be displayed (for 3 seconds) with the new map name.
  • Added initial external event system for update notifications
  • Added join game button: Will prompt once for ut2004.exe location, then join the monitored server as a player
Screenshot:
Azmodan
1337 Haxor

Very nice work you did there.

Is it possible to add the alias you want to play with too?

I know I am not the only one who switches their chars a lot depending on the map, so a join button alone won't help much if I need to switch classes after I joined again.
necro
Killer in Training

Another Fantastic Idea!

Done and done! The interface is simple and fairly straight forward. Again, the download link is the same as in my first post.

Changes:
  • Added ability to join server as different player names (will default to last used player name)
  • Cleaned up backend code, updated parts of the (no-longer) legacy library to more up to date standards
  • App will save state of minimize to tray checkbox
  • Added events that fire on player change, map change, and on each successful update (for future uses)
Screenshot:
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

Wow, I'm getting more interested in this since this is becoming much more useful than GameTracker. This will definitely save me from keeping track of all of my aliases XD

Is it possible to have it so that it automatically joins the server when a particular map(s) plays? Been wanting that when I upload a new map, and I need to make sure it plays well on first run.
Perhaps have a flag to temporary disable auto-join just in case I go afk.
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466

DW_Ant wrote:Is it possible to have it so that it automatically joins the server when a particular map(s) plays? Been wanting that when I upload a new map, and I need to make sure it plays well on first run.
Perhaps have a flag to temporary disable auto-join just in case I go afk.

To clarify with a use case. It's monitoring the ME server while running in the tray. Using the onMapChange event have it automatically launch the game if a pre-configured map name comes up. This would be toggled on or off using a checkbox. It could be extended to watch for players and alert (or auto join) when they join (using the onPlayersChanged event).

Assuming I understand how it works, that should be very doable. The scope of the app is changing (which is perfectly acceptable), so I will have to figure out how to lay out the GUI stuff, I will likely roll it into my incomplete profile changer, which will allow to have custom ini files/packages for different characters (as well as a cache extractor).

Any feature ideas for a full fledged UT2004 profile changer?
DW_Shawn
DW Clan Member
Xfire: shawnilizer

Interesting, will look into this app later.
úñkñøwñ*shåwñ
[»shåwñ«]