2k4 Server Watch Beta v0.5.4

Mapmaking? Modeling? Discuss all that stuff that's too complicated for most mere mortals here.
Azmodan
1337 Haxor

I keep getting Microsoft .NET Framework errors after a while and the program shuts down :ssad:
necro
Killer in Training

If you can get any sort of debug log or error report that would help greatly.
Azmodan
1337 Haxor

Hmmm, how good is your German? :sbigsmile:
necro
Killer in Training

Not bad actually, my mom is German, so I can send it to her for a translation if needed :)

I just saw your pm, the important bits are in English (or programmer speak) so I should be fine :) Ty!!!
Habulin
Camper

I am very good at German. Maybe I could help you a bit. You just would have to send me a msg with all text used in the program. I could try to translate it as most as I can :P. German is a much easier langunage than English as I understood it already at the age of 8 and not like English at the age of 12 :happy11: :P. If you need any help or advice just send me a msg or post it here as I am checking the forum daily. Good work until now necro!

LP Habulin
necro
Killer in Training

I managed to reproduce the bug you mentioned Az, it was a damn interesting one too. It took a bunch of re-writing of the decade old query library I'm using, but the app has been running on my dev machine for nearly 24 hours without any sign of issues or leaks.

I've also done a whole bunch of general code cleanup and optimization to both the main app and the ServerPane backend. I have a couple of other minor issues that need to be fixed, but I should have a new version out by tonight.

As before, the download link is the same (see my first post)

Changes:
  • Reduced .NET framework requirement to .NET 2.0! (those of you who installed .net 4 just for this app can feel free to remove it)
  • Massive rewrite of backend query code to "fix" issue reported by Azmodan (I can no longer reproduce the problem, let me know and Thanks!)
  • Removed a bunch of unused code
  • Started I18N work (see link below)
  • General code clean up optimization
  • Fixed bug where app would crash when trying to add a new alias the first time.
  • Fixed bug where app would crash when trying to delete an empty list of aliases
  • Fixed bug where app would allow addition of blank aliases
  • Added ability to use ESC key to close add char/edit char/join server forms
  • Added settings upgrade code to persist user settings across versions (however due to internal changes, settings will likely be lost when upgrading to the current version)
I've started the initial steps for globalizing and internationalization of the application. To assist me, I've decided to crowd source the translation efforts.

Below is a link to a public google documents file that contains all the strings that need to be translated (they're in en-CA since I'm from Canuckistan). All you need to do is (in a new column) add the language code on the first row, and the appropriate translations below. I'll take any and all languages that you guys are able and willing to offer.

Translation URL: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... GswMzR2bHc

If you're unsure of your language code, please find and use the "Culture Name" in the table at this link: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... arksToggle

I thank you all for your input and support for this project, as always any feature requests or issues/bugs/problems, please please let me know!
Last edited by necro on Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Habulin
Camper

I tried to translate as much as possible (I did the German and Slovene part). The words that those 2 languagez use are pretty much the same as in English so in some casses the English words are more commonly used than the German counterparts. Example would be Idlee. I have NO clue at all what the German word for it would be. Same with system tray. As far as I know there is no traslation for it at all. I hope that someone could check on my translation as one person alone can make a huge mistake that he is not going to see. I would apretiate it. Anyway I tried to translate it to the context used as some words are pronounced differently in certain situations bla bla blah.... :P

LP Habulin

PS: I hope you can copy paste the Š Č and Ž from our language :P
necro
Killer in Training

Thanks so much!

I won't have any issues with the accented or special characters, they're handled more or less transparently in .NET.

I'll wait until as many people as possible read and/or add to the translation file (there's a bunch of tedious changes to the code that I am not in the mood to do right now anyway).

I updated my post and released the latest version, so be sure to update!
Habulin
Camper

I managed to get 2 friends of mine to check the spelling. They said it was perfect. I have 1 problem that you have to help me with tho... In the "Map changed" ... what context does it belong to? Like >Change map< to cubez or >Changed map< to cubez ect. Like is it supposed to be in the past / what happened or what do you want to do (like change the map to something). :P Thats the only real border I don't know how to cross :D. A picture of the actuall menu / option would be really helpfull as I didn't istall the app on my business laptop I am currently using.

Btw. is it possible to add a timer which tells you for how long the map is running already? It would be helpfull for low lvls that don't benefit from end game gameplay. Like onmapchange reset the timer or something like that :P. What ever :D. And definitly bookmarks. You should add those!

LP Habulin
necro
Killer in Training

Habulin wrote:I managed to get 2 friends of mine to check the spelling. They said it was perfect. I have 1 problem that you have to help me with tho... In the "Map changed" ... what context does it belong to? Like >Change map< to cubez or >Changed map< to cubez ect. Like is it supposed to be in the past / what happened or what do you want to do (like change the map to something). :P Thats the only real border I don't know how to cross :D. A picture of the actuall menu / option would be really helpfull as I didn't istall the app on my business laptop I am currently using.
It's used as the title of the balloon popup that happen when the map changes. If I were to expand it into a sentence, it would be "The map has changed!"
Habulin wrote:Btw. is it possible to add a timer which tells you for how long the map is running already? It would be helpfull for low lvls that don't benefit from end game gameplay. Like onmapchange reset the timer or something like that :P. What ever :D. And definitly bookmarks. You should add those!
It would definitely be possible, the timer would only be accurate after the first map update, and only as long as it remains open. The server doesn't provide any data as to how long the map has been running.

I can look into providing a bookmark type feature, it would take a bit of doing to keep the window size the same, but I think I can figure something out.

When the app gets integrated with my profile changer/cache extractor bookmarking/watching multiple servers at the same time will certainly be included.