Map submission

Here's a specific forum for discussing potential maps, maps that need a vacation and optimizations and modifications for better playability.
Grey

Can anyone detail how I can submit maps to go on the DW ONS server?

I am hoping to finish several within the month (time is tight for me right now).
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

Two choices to send it to the server:
You may upload it through FileFront (Thank goodness that site is still up!) & send a link to Karma's email: KarmaKat@clandw.org

-or-

Send Karma an email with your map attached with it (This method is easier ;)
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466

Xfire: KarmaKat

Hello, Grey!

I'd be happy to have a look at your maps for possible inclusion on Spam Vikings! You can either host them somewhere and provide me a link where I can download them or, as Ant mentioned, email them to me. I would urge you to compress them first...I can open just about any type of archive, but rar and zip are the most common and easily used forms. Also...if you have any custom textures, meshes, etc, make sure that you "my level" them into your map. This not only eliminates loading errors (from not having the extra files) but it also streamlines the download process from our redirects when players are loading maps for the first time.

Looking forward to seeing your work!

KKat

:flower:
Karma...a term that comprises the entire cycle of cause & effect...
Kat...a supercilious quadrupedal pile of fur that doesn´t give a flying fig for Karma...
Grey

Do you all still have an invasion server? If so I have several maps already done for invasion.
DW_KarmaKat
Site Admin
Xfire: KarmaKat

Grey wrote:Do you all still have an invasion server? If so I have several maps already done for invasion.
We most certainly do! Two of them, in fact! Monster Mash I and II Running DWInvasion RPG :cheers:

Same process applies...you can submit them for consideration...you'll just need to send them to me and DW>Cheapshot and we'll share them with our clan member mappers for play testing and then make suggestion as needed.

Emails: karmakat@clandw.org and cheapshot@clandw.org

If files are too large for email, you'll need to host them someplace like Filefront and provide us the links for download.

Additionally, I highly recommend you read the mapping guidelines for Monster Mash before sending stuff Wraith's way:

http://www.clandw.org/forums/11/1242.html
http://www.clandw.org/forums/11/1094.html

KKat
:flower:
Karma...a term that comprises the entire cycle of cause & effect...
Kat...a supercilious quadrupedal pile of fur that doesn´t give a flying fig for Karma...
Jon!
1337 Haxor
Xfire: jonk27

have a play on a monster mash server for a bit and get an idea of map differences, we like some adrenaline and noobs like somewhere to cower after wave 4 :P
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

Jons Return wrote:have a play on a monster mash server for a bit and get an idea of map differences, we like some adrenaline and noobs like somewhere to cower after wave 4 :P
From my experience from watching new mappers come and go, they often create a super easy map for their very first level in MM.
As the clocks turned, they regret building such arenas.

What I'm saying is that, yea many people will love your maps if it's easy. Unfortunately we already have too many easy maps (estimating about 75% easy maps). If you want this in terms of Vikings, just think of easy maps as the TankMeUps.
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466

Be sure to remember that the best advice is listening to Jons Return and then believing exactly the opposite.
Jon!
1337 Haxor
Xfire: jonk27

now now wail, be nice.

I guess you're right ant but when I said SOMEwhere I meant somwhere you might have to fight to use adren or hide safely. no idling the spawn.
DW_StaticLan
1337 Haxor

I thought we had to do the special rain dance before submitting maps?!?!? Damn, was that only me????? :tongue: