How and where do i upload maps?

Here's a specific forum for discussing potential maps, maps that need a vacation and optimizations and modifications for better playability.
Nelsoncarmo26
1337 Haxor
Xfire: QuantumEquilibrium

I have edited the last post to change the link.

I've replaced the dragon with a seagull, for some reason the dragon had no collision at all after I converted it to static mesh.

Besides the seagull looks better than a dragon to represent wind... I think.
[glow=red]Website[/glow] - [glow=red]ModDB[/glow]
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

Command & Conquer is approved!
It's on its way to the servers.

Soul Temple is approved, but you should double check the package you've wrapped up. We think that you've sent an older map. We have a copy of Soul Temple with all corrections, but also with the dragon with no collision (no seagull). When you send the current copy, the map will be on its way to the servers.
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466

I must have placed the old version in the folder somehow.
Here is the recent one.

http://www.filefront.com/14790783/C%26C%20ST%20VC.zip

That's great, thanks very much.

So when will I be able to play it online?
DW_KarmaKat
Site Admin
Xfire: KarmaKat

We will look at the updated version tonight. Should be on the server soon. I looked at it in single player and noticed a few things that are different between single player and online play..we'll get back to you shortly about those issues.

And a couple of tips, anytime you change things in a map, please be sure that you also change the map's name. Always remember to update the revision number, beta or what ever system you use. It makes life so much easier for server admins..particularly when they are dealing with serveral maps at once to be able to easily identify the newest revision. I'd also suggest that you package maps individually when placing them on file hosting sites. Especially betas, since they change so often. Otherwise we're getting extra maps and stuff that we don't need taking up hard drive space.

KKat

:flower:
Karma...a term that comprises the entire cycle of cause & effect...
Kat...a supercilious quadrupedal pile of fur that doesn´t give a flying fig for Karma...
Nelsoncarmo26
1337 Haxor

Ok, sure thing.
Will do!

I just wanted to include the new map called Vice City, if you guys don't mind looking at that one too.
It would be great.

I just played Command and conquer online today.
It's great.
It's a hard map to beat though... you don't realize it untill you play online.

We only made it till wave 5, but there were only 4 of us though.
So we couldn't have gone far.

All other 3 players said it was a really good map.
Good feedback.
Nice.
Here is Vice City preview
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11Lr1ty-9sU[/youtube]...and this preview is for Ant, to show Ant the obelisk he helped me with.
It's a New map I'm making. Please let me know what you think.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3W5RK5QVvY[/youtube]
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

Out of curiosity, how fast is your machine??

I've checked out the second video, it seems as if the map kept going with no boundary. I think it should be an ONS map instead of invasion. An invasion map with that size will be....too open. Monsters will spawn much faster than players can kill, then frame rates may be really choppy. Seeing that it's a flat outdoor map, I don't think there's room for antiportals. No fog. No zoning....I think that map is going to murder my machine when monsters come in.
Have you considered making that for ONS instead of Invasion?

Same situation with Vice City. It's very massive for invasion. Monsters may spawn anywhere, and players cannot keep up with the killing on the map of this scale. I did had a go at it. At wave 3, the monsters were already overwhelming me. My frames dropped down to 10 fps. Unless you're thinking of reducing the map by 75% of the original size, I would consider that map for ONS instead.
ONS is a fun gametype, too. I'm not sure if you've played it online before or not, but it gets better when 32 players are battling each other in your environment.

The lasers look good! I'm glad that you got them to work properly. I'm also pleased to see your determination is strong enough to get it done, and that is the most important factor in mapping or in any production for all projects. Keep it up!

Last thing I should mention is that you don't need to put my name in the credits every time. All it takes is simply seeing the final results to make me smile ;)

FFE466

Ho yeah, that's true... you do have an Ons server too.
you're absolutelly right, I will make C&C2 for Ons mode.
Besides, then we will be able to use the Gun turrets, which is more like it for this map.

Thank you Ant.

I'm not sure what to do about Vice City, since the layout was meant to be for Invasion.
I'll just reduce the size of the beach.
The beach is huge, and I'll just take the 75% off it's size then.

What do you think?
Skyline
1337 Haxor
Xfire: 40shards

Nelsoncarmo26 wrote:Ho yeah, that's true... you do have an Ons server too.
you're absolutelly right, I will make C&C2 for Ons mode.
Besides, then we will be able to use the Gun turrets, which is more like it for this map.
If there's one thing I learnt from playing Assault, it's that a lot of more serious players have issues with C&C maps. You won't find any problems in Invasion, but I'd recommend you be careful with any themed weapons/turrets/vehicles etc. you put in for ONS.
Nelsoncarmo26
1337 Haxor

Never mind that now 40 shards, I can't even get the map to work...

I thought it was a matter of placing objects down, and off you go.
But for some reason neither the power nodes nor the power cores show up in game.

I can't even get the bots to get in the vehicles.
I know that online it wouldn't matter, since they are all human players.
But if I want to play solo, the game would just not be the same.

Can I please get help with these two issues?

I have looked on the net for tutorials, but can't find one.
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

DW_KarmaKat wrote:We will look at the updated version tonight. Should be on the server soon. I looked at it in single player and noticed a few things that are different between single player and online play..we'll get back to you shortly about those issues.
Thanks for pointing this out. I wouldn't have caught that, Karma.

Yea there's a definite problem. The teleportation emitters are not visible during net play. I didn't know the teleportatation pads are to have neat spiral effects and there are several other emitters that didn't appear online (the wind, the lightning, the ONS node emitters). I've investigated this issue through the editor, and found that you used classes instead of plain parent emitter class. What I recommend trying out is to place a normal emitter. Here's a minor illustration which emitter.

-Actor
....ASCinematic_Camera
....AntiportalActor
...+Decoration
...-Emitter <---Use this actor
......SubEmitter
......SubEmitter
......SubEmitter

Go to your original emitters, open properties, go to emitter category, open the emitter array. Through the line that says something like: SpriteEmitter'myLevel.SpriteEmitter1' or in some variation. Copy that text.
Go to the new emitter, open properties, go to emitter category, hit add a few times (matching the number of elements in the previous emitter array). First line, then hit paste.
Do this for all subEmitters.

But before you go on, you should test your map from there. Test it offline. See if it works. Host your own dedicated server, and check to see if it works online, too.

If it works, then move on the for the remaining emitters. Let me know how it goes.

Nelsoncarmo26 wrote:I'm not sure what to do about Vice City, since the layout was meant to be for Invasion.
I'll just reduce the size of the beach.
The beach is huge, and I'll just take the 75% off it's size then.

What do you think?
Now that the map is reduced to the beach, I think it'll be benefit you that you may concentrate on the decorations, too. I think decorating a beach is much easier than decorating a whole city. This wouldn't be a bad time to learn the terrain. I think terrain will look good when the ocean meets the terrain ;)

If you're not sure how to do this, here are a few tutorials:
Angel Mapper
Epic Games
Local

Nelsoncarmo26 wrote:Never mind that now 40 shards, I can't even get the map to work...

I thought it was a matter of placing objects down, and off you go.
But for some reason neither the power nodes nor the power cores show up in game.

Can I please get help with these two issues?

I have looked on the net for tutorials, but can't find one.
Since you've converted from DM to ONS, you should verify the default gametype is set to the right one. You should open your level properties (view--->LevelProperties). Go to the level info category, and check to see if the properties DefaultGameType and PreCacheGame exactly matches to "Onslaught.ONSOnslaughtGame" (copy and paste this text without the quotes)

If you want an extended tutorial in placing vehicles, setting up the nodes, etc...I'll direct you to this Link.

Nelsoncarmo26 wrote:I can't even get the bots to get in the vehicles.
I know that online it wouldn't matter, since they are all human players.
But if I want to play solo, the game would just not be the same.
Just a heads up, bots do show up online when number of players is less than 16. Pathing should be okay. Just be sure you don't delete the jumpspot that is summoned the moment you recompile the map after placing the vehicle factory. And be sure there's a node that is linking to that jumpspot.

Good luck.

FFE466