How and where do i upload maps?

Here's a specific forum for discussing potential maps, maps that need a vacation and optimizations and modifications for better playability.
Nelsoncarmo26
1337 Haxor
Xfire: QuantumEquilibrium

Thanks for all the info.
I have a few questions though.

1 - where is the medium adrenaline?
Does it come with the Builder or do I have to extract it from the cache? If so which package do I have to extract and where do I find it afterwards?

2 - What do I do for the invisibility of both the bunkers in C&C and the Sphynx in Soul Temple?
[glow=red]Website[/glow] - [glow=red]ModDB[/glow]
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

Nelsoncarmo26 wrote:1 - where is the medium adrenaline?
Does it come with the Builder or do I have to extract it from the cache? If so which package do I have to extract and where do I find it afterwards?
You may copy the unique adrenaline pills through different maps from the server. You may either get the maps from your cache extractor, or simply go to the Monster Crypt for a whole list of maps in MM.
Nelsoncarmo26 wrote:2 - What do I do for the invisibility of both the bunkers in C&C and the Sphynx in Soul Temple?
A unique shape from the 2D editor (you may locate this button at the top of the editor) may cover that area. Try to match the shape of the bunker, and extrude the shape (aligning to the Z-axis). The scaling is done by measurement or simply trial and error. If you don't feel like attempting these methods or experimenting the 2D editor, then you can use the simple static mesh cover up (like have the bunker sit on a rock or a ledge).

Honestly, I wouldn't stress too much about Soul Temple. I doubt that we need two maps of identical layouts on the server. Unless you're thinking about changing the layout of Soul Temple, then I would worry about it.
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466

Ok Ant, I have finished the map following all your intructions to the letter, and it's now ready for download.

I have included a log file as well as a read me file which contains all the steps and changes that I copied from your post, and checked as I went along.

I also included a New map called 4 Seasons, and I would like you to check that one out too please.

Here is the link.
[s]http://www.filefront.com/14630225/CC--4 ... T2004.zip/[/s]

That link is no longer available.
Here is the new one.

http://www.filefront.com/14693029/Map-p ... T2004.zip/
Last edited by Nelsoncarmo26 on Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

Before you advance too far in the 4Seasons map, you should know that that concept is already taken. An old map, DM-Seasons from Lord Simeon already built a map very much similar to your idea. It was taken down because players continuously glitched in that map (wasn't built for translocator). I'm estimating that this map will be back up a couple weeks after Halloween though. Just informing you of this so you don't get too far in your recent project only to find out it's already done.

If you haven't done so already, you should download DM-Seasons to check it out.

As for C&C, we're predicting we may have another chance of testing it later this week. It's been very busy for us the pass several days. Please be a bit patient. I see this weight on our schedule will lift some time soon.

FFE466

Ho ok, Seasons... already done. Got it.

One thing though, have you downloaded the maps from the previous link, or the new link?

It's just because I have changed both C&C, and Soul Temple maps.

In C&C I have added some custom textures, as well as a tiberium field that can hurt a player, just like in the original concept.
If you step on it, you will get hurt and also get a message stating Warning, tiberium exposure.
I have added a few other things to it.

As for Soul Temple, you wont even recognise the map now with all the changes I have made.
It doesn't look anything like the previous version.

So when you guys do find some time to check my maps, might aswell check the most recent ones.

Thanks for all your time guys.
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

Alright we've checked out your maps last night, and we can tell you've been busy on your maps lately. Good job on the additional detail, changing the layout in Soul Temple, balancing pickups, and also had the courtesy to be specific about the location names.

Only a few things needs to be corrected, but it shouldn't be that bad.

Soul Temple
  • Backup Teleporters: teleporters are a bit unstable in MM, and have a tendency to "break" during a match. I'm not sure if you've encountered this glitch before, but it does happen from time-to-time. I would suggest placing two or more teleporters per pyramid in case something like this were to happen. I'm pretty sure you don't want anyone getting trapped in a pyramid.
    You can either place two - four teleporters in the middle of each pyramid if you want to keep the style (in the middle), or you may place another teleporter spot in a different location for each pyramid.
  • Lightning Pyramid Teleporter: Can you verify the location of this teleporter? I swear its not at the very middle of the ring. I gotta walk around the ring to get teleported. I hope you'll understand the pressure when a few raptors are on your tail.
  • Outdoors Sphinx Corner: One of the corners outside with the Sphinx may get you stuck (can't jump out unless you trans). A simple blocking volume will fix the job.
  • Simplified Collisions: Several of the large static meshes (ie: the sphinx) have simplified collision. The Collision could get in the way of gameplay at times where you may "conceal" yourself from the monsters if you hide inside the right spot of the Sphinx's leg. It also looks silly to be able to see inside the statue.
    You can either place blocking volumes there, or undo the Simplified Collision. Since I think you're map is fast enough (high frames) I don't think you need to worry about simplified collisions on some meshes.
    Undoing the Simplified Collisions
    First place another copy of the same static mesh anywhere in your map (it doesn't matter where since you can delete any time you've converted it to mylevel). It is important that you don't rotate or scale this static mesh though!
    Right click it, hit convert, and Convert to static mesh.
    Package: mylevel (this must be mylevel)
    Group: Any name (I usually name it Collision if I'm modifying the collision)
    Name: Any name
    Open the static mesh browser, and go to mylevel (the package may be located next to the "all" button on the top.
    You should see your copy of the mesh there. Select the mesh, and return to your map.
    Go to the original static mesh (the one with the simplified collision)
    Open properties, go to display, then static mesh. Hit use.
    Test your map to verify if you were successful (can you go through the sphinx's leg?)
Command and Conquer
  • Simplified Collision Drop Ship: Opposite problem from the Soul Temple. I'm pretty sure you wanted players to go inside the dropship instead of blocking them 20 feet back. Just apply the same method mentioned above, and undo the simplified collision, and you should be able to go in there.
    But I'm not forcing you to undo the simplified collision for this static mesh because maybe you don't want players to go in there. If that's the case then can you please justify why it blocks me 20 feet back? A small fence or something should do the trick.
That's about it. We believe the maps' layout are different enough from each other. I think you'll be pleased to know that you'll see both of them on the servers real soon after the corrections had been made :)[/color]

FFE466

Thank you very much for reviewing my maps.
I'll get on with the changes, and let you know soon.
Nelsoncarmo26
1337 Haxor

Ok Ant,
The changes are made to the maps, just like you said.

Backup Teleporters:
I have placed 4 teleporters each pyramid. had to modify the map around a little to suit this requirement with a few static meshes, and that did it.

Lightning Pyramid Teleporter:
Same as above, placed 4 warp/teleporters, instead of the one single middle one.
So you no longer teleport from the middle, but from 4 platforms by the lightning towers.

Outdoors Sphinx Corner:
Done! you can no longer see throught the sphynx.
I converted the copy to static mesh into mylevel package, and replaced the new static mesh with the existing one. See through sphynx is no longer!

Simplified Collision Drop Ship:
I also applied the same method for the dropships, or as I like to call them... Orcas.
I moved the two corner pickups into them, so now you can walk inside the Orcas, plus there is a reason for you to do so.
Ho yes Orcas, I placed 2 Orcas down.

---

Here is the link for the revised maps:
http://www.filefront.com/14726061/C%26C ... evised.zip

---
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

SoulTemple
  • Dragon Collision: The dragon's collision is too fat. Just like what you did with the sphinx and the dropships, you should remove the simplified collisions.[/color]
    DW>Ant wrote:Outdoors Sphinx Corner: One of the corners outside with the Sphinx may get you stuck (can't jump out unless you trans). A simple blocking volume will fix the job.
  • This collision problem still exists. It's actually in both outer corners of the Sphinx's side.
  • Sitting Statue Collision: I can sit inside this statue's shoulder and remain completely hidden from monsters. To fix this, you must remove the simplified collisions for this static mesh.
Command&Conquer
  • Bulldog Collision: I can sit inside this vehicle's tire and remain completely hidden from monsters. To fix this, you must remove the simplified collisions for this static mesh. The Bulldog static mesh is the vehicle next to the dead ion tank.
  • Spelling: Had some spelling/typo issues with the location names:
    -When the player nears the edge of the outdoors: 'Carefull that would be a nasty fall.' Just one L in careful.
    -Location name. I think this is near the center room. 'Pannel' Just one N in Panel.
    -Location name. Second floor of main room behind the sentry guns. 'Near the Centry Guns.' Just replace the C with a S for Sentry.
  • Link Spam: We've found a major issue that must be taken care of. In the deemer secret room, you can link through the glass. I would recommend placing an anti camping volume in that section (you may find one through the map DM-TheEnd). Be sure to set the properties:
    bDisableTrans = true
    bEnabled = true
    CountdownTimer = (about 5-15), no need to camp in there.
    The remaining properties is up to you.
That's it! once these corrections are done, your maps will be on the servers :)[/color]

FFE466

Ok then, Done!

It's all done.

Here is the link.
http://www.filefront.com/14765927/C%26C ... 20Rev2.zip
By the way, I have included a new map called Vice City, if you guys find the time to have a look at that one too, please do so.

Well, I hope that's it for C&C and St, and looking forwards to playing them on the server.