Deleting glitchy map

Here's a specific forum for discussing potential maps, maps that need a vacation and optimizations and modifications for better playability.
JulianKingOfNothing
1337 Haxor
Xfire: dont remember

I would like to get a map removed, because of the glitches in that map. The map is DM-Desert_Isle

Heres some reasons why
1. Whilst running around, on some places on the map, you fall through the map, and stay alive. So it's no fun having to suicide, and lose all ur weapons.
2. Theres people who abuse these glitches by transing into them. Today while spectating, I saw 4-5 people hiding there.

So please remove DM-Desert_Isle
Thwart
1337 Haxor

Or would there be a mapper interested to patch it up?
"To be positive: to be mistaken at the top of one's voice." -Ambrose Bierce
JulianKingOfNothing
1337 Haxor

yea or that ..
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

I'll take care of it. It should be an easy 2 hour assignment :)
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466

Ur fixing it or deleting.

I also know a glitch in Dm-AChina that causes to team kill people
JulianKingOfNothing
1337 Haxor

nightmorph wrote:
JulianKingOfNothing wrote:I also know a glitch in Dm-AChina that causes to team kill people
You're not referring to the superweapons like the Ion Painter, are you? If so, that's not a glitch, that's intentional. It forces you to be a bit more circumspect in planning your monster-killing strategy.
But if you point on a certain point, it tk's. But then on other places it doesn't.
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

nightmorph wrote:You're not referring to the superweapons like the Ion Painter, are you? If so, that's not a glitch, that's intentional. It forces you to be a bit more circumspect in planning your monster-killing strategy.
Super Weapon Team killing wasn't intentional. I believe this is linked to the issue that monster's projectiles will ignore the players dr when the projectile hits after the monster was killed.
WailofSuicide wrote:
krneki wrote:When a monster is killed, and his projectile hits the player, it simply ignores player's damage reduction...
...Definitely seems like a bug to me, even if it's one that is probably kind of deeply embedded in RPG and unlikely to change.

hmmm, I'm debating...
Should I place killing volumes or simple teleporters under the terrain?
Is there a level kick volume somewhere?

FFE466

DM-DesertIsle is returning to the servers. This version will include well over 80 limitation volumes blocking all potential glitching spots as well as several teleporters under the terrain in case you do glitch.
Ion Cannon is also added so Ion painters are now enabled.

FFE466

Actually, in Achina, there's a......

[mod="DW_KarmaKat"]I've deleted your description. Please DO NOT post details on glitchy spots in ANY public forum. If you find that some players are abusing a glitch on a map, please send us an email with the map name, location of the spot and preferably a screenshot of the person while they're doing it. Send email to: clandw@clandw.org[/mod]
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

A 'philosophy' I'll like to state is that if you are looking for glitches, you will find glitches. Most of us that remain here chose not to even search for these spots, and the ones that chose to glitch may find their experience on these servers very short. Maybe even their final action on the spot.
I'm certain there are many other maps with potential glitching, but in most cases, it's not worth correcting. Yea, there's a glitch spot that needs to be patched up, but at times it's not worth making a new version of a map simply to correct a glitch spot. (keep it at this rate, and you might be AChina-beta-38). That also means there were 38 copies of AChina uploaded onto the redirect, applied through web admin 38 times, and people downloading 38 copies of AChina.

I understand that this is an exaggeration, but I just want to address that it's not worth the trouble making a new version of a map unless you want to patch several glitch spots, or if this one hidden spot is publicly known, which is why Desert Isle was patched up.
At the same time I don't want to discourage fixing older maps; I just want to emphasize that if you're going to make a new version be sure to make it worth a new version ;)

We do our best to prevent all glitches before a map becomes votable in MM. One of the main reasons why your Pool Party map is still waiting is because it'll need to go through some heavy testing. Several other members and I inspect the new maps through every corner inside and out (notice how picky we were with the recent new maps). It's going to take some time to gather people with free time at the same moment, which is why this is mostly done through sessions.

I'm getting off topic here, so I'll desist from continuing.

FFE466