ONS Avalanche beta4/ release candidate

Here's a specific forum for discussing potential maps, maps that need a vacation and optimizations and modifications for better playability.
Sanch3z
Killer in Training

Image RC1
Unreal Tournament 2004 Onslaught

Description: WAR-Avalanche from UT3 ported to UT2k4. The intent was not to make an exact copy but to improve on the map from UT3

Features:

* EONS vehicles, EMP Deployer and mine layer (created by WailofSuicide).
* many custom static meshes and textures from UT3.
Image Image node links(links have changed slightly since last version): Image
Credits: WailofSuicide, Crusha K. Rool, Foibos, Robin 'Jrubzjeknf' van Olst, myself

Download
Last edited by Sanch3z on Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:48 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Sanch3z
Killer in Training

oops, I found a glaring bug and have updated beta1 to beta1b....
DW_KarmaKat
Site Admin
Xfire: KarmaKat

All righty! I've got this one downloaded and it'll be up on the ONS test server in the next few hours or so. Don't know when I can round up my testers, but feedback will be here as soon as we've played it. :D

KKat

:flower:
Karma...a term that comprises the entire cycle of cause & effect...
Kat...a supercilious quadrupedal pile of fur that doesn´t give a flying fig for Karma...
Sanch3z
Killer in Training

sounds good KarmaKat but I plan on releasing beta 2 very soon which will have many adjustments made to it from beta1.... I dont want to waste anyones time so its probably best if everyone waits from beta2...

Thanks, beta2 will be ready by next weekend :thumbright:
Sanch3z
Killer in Training

download link in first post updated to beta2. DW Spam Vikings logo is in (at red core). Thanks KarmaKat :thumbright:
Sanch3z
Killer in Training

I'm making a tentative release date of Saturday Oct 31st for the Necris ONS Map Pack which will have final versions of ONS Floodgate XL and ONS Avalanche..

[font=Garamond Bold]HAPPY HALLOWEEN![/font]
DW_KarmaKat
Site Admin
Xfire: KarmaKat

Sanch3z wrote:download link in first post updated to beta2. DW Spam Vikings logo is in (at red core). Thanks KarmaKat :thumbright:
Logos look awesome!...both sides! Like those spots were just made for 'em! :D

Planning on giving Avalanche beta2 some test time tonight. :)

KKat

:flower:
Karma...a term that comprises the entire cycle of cause & effect...
Kat...a supercilious quadrupedal pile of fur that doesn´t give a flying fig for Karma...
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

Sanch3z wrote:I'm making a tentative release date of Saturday Oct 31st for the Necris ONS Map Pack which will have final versions of ONS Floodgate XL and ONS Avalanche..

[font=Garamond Bold]HAPPY HALLOWEEN![/font]
I would advise submitting your maps a couple days before that. You never know if something wrong occurs (missing file, bad connection the day of Halloween, etc). I'm just playing on the safe side.

But when you submit your map pack, you can request to for us to wait for Halloween before putting on SV ;)
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466

thanks Ant... Sorry to be a flip flopper but I have changed plans on making final versions this soon. Some friends convinced me that its best to let a RC get a month or so worth of play before final, just in case there are tweaks discovered that could really improve the map. These are my first 2 2k4 maps so I agree.

So by Halloween I will have updated versions of both maps ready. They could be considered very close to final version. :thumbright:
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

Had another run at this map earlier today.

Only two things to mention before releasing your final version.
Inside the cavern...On the east side between nodes 1 and 7, one of the cavern walls are floating several inches over the terrain. It's a small fix, but it's also large enough to shoot rockets under there.

-Also-
Be sure to place some blocking volumes around the perimeter. Up northwest from the blue core, I can hop my manta up the cliffs and over the map.
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466