My Map

Here's a specific forum for discussing potential maps, maps that need a vacation and optimizations and modifications for better playability.
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

I'd thank you for being patient, but unfortunately there wasn't a significant improvement from the last version (other than the monsters). The appearance of this map still burns eyes. It's missing flow. The pickups are "overwhelming."

I think it would be better to build a map with a better flow. Fighting in one room isn't as exciting as if you were inside a facility. I would encourage you to come up with a theme, an idea, and a structure for your map before constructing it in the editor. During your planning, you should make sure you've placed several rooms available for people to explore and run around in (rather than going in circles like a handful of puppies trapped in a box). Once this is done, then worry about placing appropriate meshes and decorations relevant to your map. The Egyptian static meshes on the ground next to giant floating shields, adren, health vials, and a human spaceship in mid air in a giant box that has tiled question marks seems very random. Once you've got a set theme, you should stick with it. Don't place an Egyptian static mesh if you are building an industrial map. For further information about planning for a map, I've wrote a small section through this link.
Once you got the map layout and details set, then worry about the pickups. Avoid over stuffing your map with 30 small fast spawning adren pills in a corner. Avoid placing 12 keg o Healths and super shields. Deemers in Lockers isn't allowed, and placing four double damages in the center is a bit excessive.
My apologies if this post seems discouraging, but always remember that mapping is a learning experience. Give yourself enough time, then you'll get the hang of it. I wish you luck on your next project :)
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466

Xfire: thechosenhelldemon

yo ant,
i send a new map to karmakat...
this one is the best so far i made :D
but idk if he can test it i mean i never see him on the server anyway...
so do i need to send it to you aswell ???

greetz
{LE}Leon
Limited Edition but always in storage at MonsterMash server 1 :D
i raised from dust and i shall become dust..... but in the meantime i shall KICK SOME ASS!!!!!
DW_BrainPan
DW Clan Member

{LE}Leon wrote:yo ant,
i send a new map to karmakat...
this one is the best so far i made :D
but idk if he can test it i mean i never see him on the server anyway...
so do i need to send it to you aswell ???

greetz
Sending it to Karma is fine.

p.s. Karma is not a "he", she is a lovely young lady.
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who read binary, and everyone else.
4013 is only a FAD
And 2989? Well that's just BAD
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

{LE}Leon (slightly edited) wrote:but idk if she can test it i mean i never see her on the server anyway...
Oh...she jumps on a lot more than you think ;)
Excluding this week. Many of us will be out of town for awhile due to the Christmas holidays. You may have to wait for several days for a response.
{LE}Leon wrote:so do i need to send it to you aswell ???
If you did send me, I can't do anything at the moment. All I can do is relax and enjoy my Holiday break. I won't be able to get back to my machine until mid January.
DW_BrainPan wrote:p.s. Karma is not a "he", she is a lovely young lady.
Lovely Lady? I thought she was a kat that always steal my bloody chocolate vorpals. :cat: :laughing6:
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466

im sorry than karmakat i hope you can forgive me....
okay well eehm merry x-mas to y'all than
have fun with the map ppl!
{LE}Leon
i raised from dust and i shall become dust..... but in the meantime i shall KICK SOME ASS!!!!!
DW_KarmaKat
Site Admin
Xfire: KarmaKat

Meow?!?!

I have your latest map, Leon. But I'm currently away from home for the holiday. Thanks for being patient! We'll try to look at it after Christmas.

Brain...thank you!
:sgiggle:

Ant...chocolate?!?!?

KKat

:flower:
Karma...a term that comprises the entire cycle of cause & effect...
Kat...a supercilious quadrupedal pile of fur that doesn´t give a flying fig for Karma...
{LE}Leon
Killer in Training

oh okay well merry xmas to all
and karma have fun on holiday :D
{LE}Leon