A bit help on my map.

Here's a specific forum for discussing potential maps, maps that need a vacation and optimizations and modifications for better playability.
JulianKingOfNothing
1337 Haxor
Xfire: dont remember

Ok so here's the deal.

I'm editing CTF-1on1Joust to make it suitable for Invasion. But since I'm a beginning mapper, I'd like to know some stuff.

First, I know it is possible to make an emitter to close a hole. But can I also remove the teleporters at a certain wave, and place them somewhere else, so the players won't spawn in a locked hole.

Do you mind if I make a secret room without path node, so if there's only 1 player left, he or she could hide there?

I know how to put stairs. But I can't put a texture on them for some reason. Any idea how to fix this.

If I add a jump-pad, how do I get it to launch the player to a place I like?

And also for blocking volumes. I'd like to know how to add them, so a part of the map would be off limits, to make it a bit smaller.

And last, would you guys allow a map like CTF-1on1Joust on your servers? (If you open in UED , you'll see it's big actually.)
DW_BrainPan
DW Clan Member

You cannot move teleporters, but you could probably "eliminate" one and "uncover" another by using movers. (i.e. on wave x a box or rock or whatever moves over/off said teleporter)

I'm indifferent as to secret rooms.

I don't like the Ued stair tool and don't use it. If the stairs are short I'd make them from scratch, if they need to be longer I'd use a ramp instead.

For jump pads you need to give the pad a path node as a destination (i.e. put a path node where you want players to jump to then put that path node as the destination for the pad).

For blocking volumes just make a builder brush the size and shape you want, place it where you want, then click the volume button and choose "blocking volume" from the list.

Haven't looked at the map, but any map (with enough modification) can be converted to invasion (whether it's worth the trouble is the question)
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who read binary, and everyone else.
4013 is only a FAD
And 2989? Well that's just BAD
JulianKingOfNothing
1337 Haxor

Thx for your help Brainpain.

Now Ima need a fast response :p
See, I'm fixing up AS-GrandCanyone for LDG RacingServer. But now it's fixed, I get these messages like usually saying if I would like to safe my packages that have been edited.
Usually when I'm done working on my map, I press 3 times 'No'.
But I don't know for this map, should I save it. And if yes in what map.
Then should I also mylevel that (if yes)?

Kinda need a fast answer because it's open, and I don't want to restart fixing it.
DW_WailofSuicide
DW Clan Member

JulianKingOfNothing wrote:Thx for your help Brainpain.

Now Ima need a fast response :p
See, I'm fixing up AS-GrandCanyone for LDG RacingServer. But now it's fixed, I get these messages like usually saying if I would like to safe my packages that have been edited.
Usually when I'm done working on my map, I press 3 times 'No'.
But I don't know for this map, should I save it. And if yes in what map.
Then should I also mylevel that (if yes)?

Kinda need a fast answer because it's open, and I don't want to restart fixing it.
If the packages are named "Package#" then the answer is probably no.

If the packages are named "GrandCanyoneSM" or something like that, you should probably CANCEL, then use the Static Mesh browser to manually save your static mesh package as "GrandCanyoneEditSM" or something to that effect.
JulianKingOfNothing
1337 Haxor

Ty for the help Wail! :sbigsmile:

Anyway, I had a secret room with a deemer, but instead I want to add a trial to the room, so not everyone gets the deemer. Also making it trans-impossible. But now I've been doing trials for a while. And some maps have teleporters instead of the Z-Kill (or was it X-kill..) So when they fall on the floor, they don't die, but get teleported back to the beginning. So how do I do this? Should I stretch the teleporter, or fill the floor with teleporters?
I also want to know how to get the text that floats in the air saying 'room 1' or 'map made by..' is it the "INFO" -> "Skyzoneinfo" -> "RockingSkyZoneInfo"

Grtz teh king.
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

JulianKingOfNothing wrote:Anyway, I had a secret room with a deemer, but instead I want to add a trial to the room, so not everyone gets the deemer. Also making it trans-impossible.
Place a limitation volume around the entire trial room....Then be sure to go to the limits category in the properties to limit the trans disc.
JulianKingOfNothing wrote:But now I've been doing trials for a while. And some maps have teleporters instead of the Z-Kill (or was it X-kill..) So when they fall on the floor, they don't die, but get teleported back to the beginning. So how do I do this? Should I stretch the teleporter, or fill the floor with teleporters?
Place a teleporter on the bottom with a large collision radius (collision -> Collision radius). You can see the collision size of the teleporter when you have the teleporter selected while viewing in radii mode.
JulianKingOfNothing wrote:I also want to know how to get the text that floats in the air saying 'room 1' or 'map made by..' is it the "INFO" -> "Skyzoneinfo" -> "RockingSkyZoneInfo"
RocketingSkyZoneInfo is used when you want to make your skybox rotate, as if you are in space. To place floating text (in midair), I'll create an emitter. Or you could simply add a sheet brush, or have a projection placed on a wall. Let me know if you want more details in how to do this.
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466