DM-TheMonastary

Here's a specific forum for discussing potential maps, maps that need a vacation and optimizations and modifications for better playability.
Blooddemon91
Killer in Training
Xfire: Blooddemon91

I have to say that as i have more expirience now that my map should be removed from the servers until its undergone further testing and renevations it would be much appreciated thank you :D
Blooddemon91
Killer in Training

I am planing on tweaking this map and adding on to it to make it into an AS map for the new Evolution server. Advice would be appreciated very much :).
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

There are many topics to cover for AS mapping (from how-to's to game-flow design).

I'm writing several tutorials during my "offline" period. I'll get back to you whenever the documents are presentable.
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466

What sort of advice are you looking for Blood? I only have a vague recollection of The Monastery, but if it's like I remember you are going to need to add on a lot to the map. Progression is important to Monster Evolution maps, so you need a lot of space for players to move forward in. I would first work on blocking out the spaces for your map. Once you get the geometry set out, you can think about things like placing monsters and resurrection events.
Blooddemon91
Killer in Training

DW_WailofSuicide wrote:What sort of advice are you looking for Blood? I only have a vague recollection of The Monastery, but if it's like I remember you are going to need to add on a lot to the map. Progression is important to Monster Evolution maps, so you need a lot of space for players to move forward in. I would first work on blocking out the spaces for your map. Once you get the geometry set out, you can think about things like placing monsters and resurrection events.
[tab=30]Yea i figured as much. Its still the same map as before. I planned on first fixing the issues i saw with it and making the bit thats been created more intresting and user friendly (i guess you would say). I'm know it needs to be much bigger trust me :). I was planning on using this as a starting point and creating a small story to the map. My first thoughts are making it an instance where you start in a room on the second floor and discover that the monastary has started to be attacked. After that you would have to find some way to escape so on and so forth. I figured i could add a lot of areas and keep the map very flowing nicely. I read a tutorial by angel mapper on assult and got a feel for the basics of it. Hopefully ill have you guys to help me out along the way if i get stuck. It should be intresting making this map.
DW_Ant wrote:There are many topics to cover for AS mapping (from how-to's to game-flow design).
I'm writing several tutorials during my "offline" period. I'll get back to you whenever the documents are presentable.
[tab=30]That would be much appreciated! thanks ant.