Map DW-MonsterMashArena-v6

Here's a specific forum for discussing potential maps, maps that need a vacation and optimizations and modifications for better playability.
DarkWidow

I have always tried to get the code but i can't could you tell us i must of not found the forum for it.
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

What I find very helpful is to write the text somewhere so that you may see the entire riddle. Also that way you may extend your research outside of Monster Mash where you don't have to worry about titan rocks finding their way to your location.
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466

Xfire: KarmaKat

As Ant pointed out, there is a riddle associated with the buttons on DW-MonsterMashArena. As the map plays you'll see parts of the riddle displayed in the chat area at the bottom of your screen. You can also open your console (hit the tilde ~ key) or F2 for the big chat window and see the text. As I recall, a number of veteran Monster Mashers got together & compared their notes...pieced together the entire riddle and set out to solve it together. :) Perhaps it's time for some of the newer players to do the same?

KKat

:flower:
Karma...a term that comprises the entire cycle of cause & effect...
Kat...a supercilious quadrupedal pile of fur that doesn´t give a flying fig for Karma...
Sokoro
Camper

I already know the conbination.
To my suprise it work only sometimes for me. I did no mistakes.. i heard *beep* sound only once while pushing each button.. but still it opened like after third try.. i was thinking if it is cause of monsters hiting buttons too (lol) or packetloss.. or uninformed players hitting wrong ones.. but i got same problems even in singleplayer.. maybe i am just doing something wrong.. do you have any idea what could cause it to fail?
I made an AM character just to be able to use electromagnet in safe spots with 500 adrenaline and rejuvation weapon +5
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

Sokoro wrote:I already know the conbination.
To my suprise it work only sometimes for me. I did no mistakes.. i heard *beep* sound only once while pushing each button.. but still it opened like after third try.. i was thinking if it is cause of monsters hiting buttons too (lol) or packetloss.. or uninformed players hitting wrong ones.. but i got same problems even in singleplayer.. maybe i am just doing something wrong.. do you have any idea what could cause it to fail?
Can't be packetloss (triggers are server-side).
If you're testing this offline without interruptions, there's a really good chance that two or more of your answers are wrong.

FFE466

Well, have you read the complete riddle yourself Karma?:D You will need some ultra-brainpower to decode any valuable info out of it. I've spent a lot of time on it and found out it only covers the Combination for the enhanced redeemer box.

Since I know from the old days there is in fact another secret room that is seperated from the safe room with a triggered wall. There are no clues on how to open it.
I was very annoyed by this so i opened the map in editor.. and what I found made me shit bricks. 44 triggers including 7 coloured buttons. 1 OnUsetrigger on each of the 4 coloured lights in the arena, and also 1 EventTrigger on each of those lights. 10 Triggers embedded in the floor close to the red button. The rest of the triggers are responsible for the open/close actions of the wall, deemer box and unknown sources.

Even with all that info, there is no way for me (as inexperienced UnrealEd tourist) to make out in which order they need to be pressed/triggered or how to trigger some of them at all. So you can imagine that it is even harder when 90% of those triggers are not even visible, and you need to try out these things while rocks and raptors accompany you everywhere when playing the map online.

And the worst part is.. All this is just about 1 map. I opened a few other maps from which I remember that they have some sort of puzzle or safe room combination, and i must say it is quite depressing to find out that most of these actually have the puzzles/rooms I remembered, but provide no clue on how to solve or unlock them. From my experience after playing these maps for years, there will not ever be a solution as long as there is no one that knows it already, or is an UnrealEd geek. even then there is only a small chance they will ever tell the solution to others.

The only things i could solve myself were the crossfire trials in CrossfireExtreme and the lava tunnels of absolutehell.
As they do not have triggers that aren't visible when playing the map online.
Apocalypse
Killer in Training

I figured out the code for the Enhanced Redeemer but I'm not sure if i should release the code yet. But I'm sure you will figure it out too
Player and Fan of the Death Warrant Clan.
MMA_T1mesh1fter
Pro but Noob

Aye, I have that code too, which is fun ofcoarse but having to repeat it every 2 waves is just not profitable enough to use it more then once or twice every time I play the map, I am not sure if it is not allowed to release the combination, so I limited it to the people who specificly ask about it.

But still, the hidden room within the secret safe room does exist, you can see it clearly in the editor. and another weird room a bit further from the map itself.. a square room with a big sphere in it, seems veeeery fishy to me:P
Adidaz
Killer in Training

MMA_T1mesh1fter wrote:Aye, I have that code too, which is fun ofcoarse but having to repeat it every 2 waves is just not profitable enough to use it more then once or twice every time I play the map, I am not sure if it is not allowed to release the combination, so I limited it to the people who specificly ask about it.

But still, the hidden room within the secret safe room does exist, you can see it clearly in the editor. and another weird room a bit further from the map itself.. a square room with a big sphere in it, seems veeeery fishy to me:P
Well if you have a Teleporter artifact when you do the code once you can leave your trans disk in the hole and anytime you want a redeemer you can trans back to it and to get out of the hole you can use Teleporter and doing this can give you 2 enhanced redeemers per wave..I think it sounds profitable now :devil:
*Adidaz*
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

MMA_T1mesh1fter wrote:But still, the hidden room within the secret safe room does exist, you can see it clearly in the editor. and another weird room a bit further from the map itself.. a square room with a big sphere in it, seems veeeery fishy to me:P
Maybe I should start placing a square room with a big sphere in my maps to make people wonder why they're there.

FFE466