Maps that suck part 652654354315

Here's a specific forum for discussing potential maps, maps that need a vacation and optimizations and modifications for better playability.
DW_ToxicWaste
Site Admin

OK folks, it's been several weeks since I added a bunch of maps. Let's get some feedback on what's working and what's not. IMHO..

Maps that suck:

Stairs
Beer Battle

Possible suck:

Tank Wars
Barn War

Thoughts? Additions?

Rich (TW)
* > Tommo
DW_Hornet
DW Clan Member

Minus-Tankmeup
Ahebben-Summer (although its locker setup isn't pure spam, the node setup allows for too many comebacks)
ScorpianCanyon

Anything Gorzed in general.
DW_e_aLpHa
DW Clan Member

- The truth is we never got the chance to tryout that hell buch of new maps deeper --

This is what happens in SV since the addition of new maps and the map rotation changes ::

- Only 5 maps were been played to the point where you got the feel that the server was a 5 rotating maps one .. I must say that I like alot to play there and have fun but lately, I don't do it that much and mainly because of that 5 maps clicling over and over again ..

These maps were :

Minus Tank me Up
TankWars
BarnWar
Bitchslap
GunShop

I know the map ratation just recently became higher but anyhow it's still the same thing going on .. So theres really no chance that we are able to talk about those new maps , because rarely they are played ..

There are a bunch of beautifull and fun maps.. like articstrong hold for 32p .. or Dawn32 - etc, and this maps can't beat the vote for one of those above , and its a shame , so as I said no chance to really meet the new ones to right now talk about them ..

- Other maps that the crow votes for , of the new ones are.. The new Dawn - and BlastBark - This maps are fun , but Are yelling for Fixes , mostly in weapons , and on , wich I Put my time to fix but, sadly seem to not be of liking .. These maps as they are are just like a nice Pie, with a fly on it .. to name a few
-
..:: Sworn to a Secrecy ::..
==||+ Beast Of Blood +||==
DW_KarmaKat
Site Admin
Xfire: KarmaKat

Stairs...haven't played it with a full server...so no comment

Beer Battle...probably only good if you've had few...chuck it on it's ear!

Tank Wars....mindless...and the glitch doesn't help that in any way...if you're going to remove a tank based map...this one is it!
That being said...I like the occasional round of TankMeUpGorz {Hornet...:PpPpp ;) }

BarnWar...sniper fun but ugly otherwise.

I would add Gunshop to the dumpster list....please!!!
And Captain Gordon's Box of whatever!! Gameplay isn't that bad, but I get a little green around the gills just looking at those textures!!! ;D

KKat
:flower:
Karma...a term that comprises the entire cycle of cause & effect...
Kat...a supercilious quadrupedal pile of fur that doesn´t give a flying fig for Karma...
DW_e_aLpHa
DW Clan Member

- And you're lucky , you didn't get to see the Bright Yellow wall .. - It was like an atempt to blind us over..
TheHunterIcemann
Pro but Noob

I agree with TW on this one.

But I think the prob could be solved if you could't replay maps until like 15 or 20 games later.
DW_Hornet
DW Clan Member

Tankmeup should be a 1 rounder. It would definitely solve o lets make this last into multiple rounds :P. Just make the round like 20 min or so.

I didn't include gunshop because i thought it was pretty obvious that the maps needs to be pulled like an abscessed tooth.
TheHunterIcemann
Pro but Noob

Assuming that "gunshop" is the one with the enlarged weapons laying all over --

YES, PULL OR HEAVILY MOD IT! I totally forgot that one til' I played it the other day.

Not only is it unbalanced and assymetrical, it has a unprotected focal point at the center which can only be dominated by the team with the LEVI. And I never get on that team.....

Most people like me just get sick of the puppygaurding with the LEVI and resort to flying to the opposing teams nodes and just smash/spawn killing so that the other team can't get to the LEVI quite as fast.

And also pull ONS-Galadriel-System if you haven't yet because it is by far the worst map in any game ever. Heh ehhe Hmphhh.
DW_e_aLpHa
DW Clan Member

- I have the wierd feeling that theres a levi for each team , but nevermind that .. The deal with this map is that it's set to 1point gs. And this makes it amazingly unfun and unfair, uneven, unbalanced and everything that can be within the limits of the unjust.. The red side has an advantage bigger than Texas since the ''node to fight for'' is way closer to red territory than it's to blue, and with that 1point goal score wheres the fun eh? , if you make it 2 points gs it lasts forever ,becoming a so disgusting waste of time, and Still the red team has the win .. I was working on a better version of this map , but im sure it will just endup in the recycle bin -
Zax_Gentoo_Box
1337 Haxor

My $0.02:

MinusTankMeUP: it should STAY! Badger whoring is AWESOME, as well as minotaur whoring.

Barnwar: it's alright, especially when you jump in, grab a super shock from the enemy's place, and just sit back raping the snipers as they desperately try to make it to their super shock, either that or sniping around the bottom

Beerbattle: it's alright

Gunshop: sucks ass. The ONLY way i can stand to play it is to take down the enemy levi

Blastbark: needs vehicle overhaul, otherwise it's fine

Tankwars: kill it. kill it dead.

Stairs: is alright, haven't played it much

Galadriel system: needs more flak, but it's alright

Bitchslap: FREAKIN' AWESOME! how could you even think of scrapping it?!

I'm done, later.