Maps that suck part 652654354315

Here's a specific forum for discussing potential maps, maps that need a vacation and optimizations and modifications for better playability.
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

40 Shards wrote:
nightmorph wrote:This means facing a million additional Poison Sliths on wave 16, as well as trying to dodge Fury Titans, Green Titans, and enraged Queens.
I haven't played it yet, but to me that sounds like a challenge! ;)

Kind of encourages me to play that map :P
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466

DW Clan Member

nightmorph wrote:Why? Poison Sliths are the glitchiest monster that this server's ever had. They can kill you right through your activated Globe. Would be better if the poison damage worked like Rage, where it only takes you down to 70HP.

Anyway, I'm all for punting this buggy wave-less map. Monster Mash is structured in waves for a reason!

Uh the poison sliths are not glitchy nightmorph, for your information it is intentional. :compress:

No shame, no dishonor, will run away to fight another day!
ACY
DW_WailofSuicide
DW Clan Member

nightmorph wrote:Why? Poison Sliths are the glitchiest monster that this server's ever had. They can kill you right through your activated Globe. Would be better if the poison damage worked like Rage, where it only takes you down to 70HP.

Anyway, I'm all for punting this buggy wave-less map. Monster Mash is structured in waves for a reason!
Poison Sliths can't kill you through you globe, although if you get poisoned you will still lose health. Although, if your globe drops, being low on health from poison certainly doesn't help.

As for the map, I think it's pretty cool. I wasn't aware it had issues with waves not ending and other such things - Does anyone want to step up and try to salvage it? If not it warrants being pulled.
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

I took a look at the map...

I spot an excessive amount of adren pickups (over 130 coins). Then we got 5-10 ammo pickups for each weapon. Multiple weapon base pickups. etc etc

I don't really know what happens if the channel count excels the limit, but I'm point my finger at that.

FFE466

D2Boss wrote:I took a look at the map...

I spot an excessive amount of adren pickups (over 130 coins). Then we got 5-10 ammo pickups for each weapon. Multiple weapon base pickups. etc etc

I don't really know what happens if the channel count excels the limit, but I'm point my finger at that.
Both aMazingGarden and PacMonster have more adren pickups than that (around 150 for each), but they don't have that much ammo etc., so this may or may not be the issue. I know that other maps that had "creature" pawns in them (i.e. fish/sharks etc.) had this problem. Is there anything like that in the map?
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who read binary, and everyone else.
4013 is only a FAD
And 2989? Well that's just BAD
DW_WailofSuicide
DW Clan Member

My own suspicion is that it has to do with the movers in the level (from what I have heard) being set to KillOnEncroach. I suspect that if monsters die from the movers it can screw up the count of monsters spawned/died on the level, thereby leading to lots of stray monsters hanging around towards the end of the game.
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

WailofSuicide wrote:My own suspicion is that it has to do with the movers in the level (from what I have heard) being set to KillOnEncroach. I suspect that if monsters die from the movers it can screw up the count of monsters spawned/died on the level, thereby leading to lots of stray monsters hanging around towards the end of the game.

What about Hell's Pawn though. Those checker pieces kill the monsters all the time, and that map seems to run smoothly though :scratch:

FFE466

Xfire: 40shards

Whatever happened to 28 Weeks Later? I kinda enjoyed that map.
DW_WailofSuicide
DW Clan Member

40 Shards wrote:Whatever happened to 28 Weeks Later? I kinda enjoyed that map.
Are you trying to give me an aneurysm?
Skyline
1337 Haxor
Xfire: 40shards

WailofSuicide wrote:
40 Shards wrote:Whatever happened to 28 Weeks Later? I kinda enjoyed that map.
Are you trying to give me an aneurysm?
Lol, maybe it was just for the scores...