Maps that suck part 652654354315

Here's a specific forum for discussing potential maps, maps that need a vacation and optimizations and modifications for better playability.
DW_BrainPan
DW Clan Member

40 Shards wrote:One map I would like to see go is Arcis Outpost - it's like DeathDome but worse. In the entire match played earlier, not one single shot was fired at the core, instead it was just one endless fight over the centre node. Simply put, it's almost impossible to gain any advantage over the other team to stop it going into OT. I know it's already a one-rounder, so I simply propose either:
  • Shorten the round to stop people getting bored and spawnkilling with mantas
  • Halve the centre node's charging time
  • Or end the pain and just get rid of it
The teams were just very even that game Shards. That will happen on any map with a choke node and even teams. But I do agree, the map in general is rather listless.
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who read binary, and everyone else.
4013 is only a FAD
And 2989? Well that's just BAD
Linkon
Killer in Training

Maps that need to be removed
Grit-Nights
Gorz-Dria
Gorz-Nevermore
Tanks Me Up
Amalthea_RC1
New Dawn
Scorpion Cannon
Star Reach - ONS plus Low grav = fucking fail
Volcano High-

Maps that I would possibly change
Gunshop- Add Some LG and shock to the lockers!!!!! A wide open map and no hitscan :(

Will add more later but some of those maps need to go. I understand that people like tanks which is fine but please stop the stinkin noobery its uncalled for for the greatest ons server around
iSaw

Linkon wrote:Maps that need to be removed
Grit-Nights
Gorz-Dria
Gorz-Nevermore
Tanks Me Up
Amalthea_RC1
New Dawn
Scorpion Cannon
Star Reach - ONS plus Low grav = fucking fail
Volcano High-

Maps that I would possibly change
Gunshop- Add Some LG and shock to the lockers!!!!! A wide open map and no hitscan :(

Will add more later but some of those maps need to go. I understand that people like tanks which is fine but please stop the stinkin noobery its uncalled for for the greatest ons server around

These are thoughts what came out of my head:

Grit-Nights
Possibly something should be considered for the Tank Me Up version... It is a little too easy to spam on this map with an excessive 6 PPC tanks. PPCs are especially frustrating to come up against on this map as, unlike most other Tank Me Up maps, there are hills. As the PPC has an arching projectile, a massive range and huge splash radius they can quite easily fire from behind or on top of a hill with little fear of retaliation. I've been guilty of this on occasions. I managed to get a 60 kill wicked sick just firing a PPC at a locked node, though you would think that after a couple of kills youd realise and spawn to a different node.

Gorz-Dria
Should stay. Its a great strategic map. The node set up makes it so a dominating team can be cut off with a bit of teamwork if they're caught napping.

Gorz-Nevermore
Not sure about this one. It can get a little hectic and the minotaur can totally dominate the field. Also, depending on your views, there is an issue with the eons-paladin being able to climb up the steep hill behind the buildings to get easy, undefended access to nodes. Its fairly obvious that when the map was made, this route was supposed to be impossible for tanks to climb but it is possible if approached from a certain angle. Its perhaps a little known glitch but it doesn't provide any great advantage really.

Amalthea_RC1
Can't recall this map. I may have played it but the name doesn't ring a bell.

New Dawn
Should stay. I think the maps a little too small to warrant 2 leviathans but thats part of its charm.

Scorpion Cannon
The Turbo version should stay. But I find the original version with the scorpius' is a little slow paced as the map is so big.

Star Reach
I loathe this map but I'm not sure whether its because its a bad map in and of itself or if its just because i'm no good at it. I agree that low gravity just doesn't seem right for an ONS map, especially when it involves tanks. A number of times I've been so frustrated when trying to navigate a scorpion round this map as the low grav makes it so difficult to control.

Volcano High
Should stay. I don't particularly like or dislike this map, but I see nothing wrong with it at all.

Gunshop
I can't say I've ever noticed a lack of shock rifles on this map, but that might just be from the way I play this one. This map seems to be more about longer range tank combat, so I'm not sure how much use a lightning gun will be.