It's starting to grow on me

UT3 should be coming soon with a new gametype, improved vehicles, and MORE PLAYERS! Death Warrant will be there with hardware to spare!
DW_KarmaKat
Site Admin
Xfire: KarmaKat

ToxicWaste wrote:6800Ultra. Everything is turned down. WAR maps are very challenging, and it frequently drops down into slideshow mode.

Rich (TW)
I've been puttering around in the single player campaign. My settings are all at the lowest too. And yes, the WAR maps just kill my computer! Chop, chop, chop! There's no way at present that I can play stuff online and live to tell about it.

I am liking the gameplay, with the exception of not having the double dodge jump. I know...I know...use the hoverboard...but still there are gametypes/maps where it's not included and having that ddj to get about would be welcome.

I'm sure a lot of the current issues with gameplay are pretty much map dependent...and I'm hoping that once we start getting a decent influx of custom maps, the general outlook will improve. Epic still has a long way to go, but I'm feeling hopeful these days that we'll have something more satisfactory soon.

Btw....would someone please post a link in the proper thread for an "official" site to download the patches?

KKat
:flower:
Karma...a term that comprises the entire cycle of cause & effect...
Kat...a supercilious quadrupedal pile of fur that doesn´t give a flying fig for Karma...
DW_ToxicWaste
Site Admin

Beta patches are not available to the general public, and I could get in hot water for offering it up.

Google might find you some hits :drunken:

As somone in another forum pointed out, this IS the beta for the PS3. They're are using us as free beta testers (not really free, we actually PAID THEM to beta test it) to get the PS3 version in shape.

(not sure about the patchability of the PS3. I think it is much more open than the 360)

Rich (TW)
Last edited by DW_ToxicWaste on Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
* > Tommo
DW_KarmaKat
Site Admin
Xfire: KarmaKat

Yeah...I know about the beta stuff being on the QT...but thought I'd heard rumblings about an official patch coming up soon. ::shrug:: Rumor mills are often wrong!

KKat
:flower:
Karma...a term that comprises the entire cycle of cause & effect...
Kat...a supercilious quadrupedal pile of fur that doesn´t give a flying fig for Karma...
DW_WailofSuicide
DW Clan Member

Maybe I've just been lucky with my hardware configuration but I really don't see anything pressing on the player side requiring a patch. The only things that really need to be adjusted on the player side are hardware specific issues and the UI. The gameplay itself is great, and people just need to spend more than an hour in the game to get used to the changes.

2k4 had dreadful DM/TDM/CTF in my opinion, UT3 brings the fun back to these gametypes. VCTF has never been fun for me, so I don't particularly like that one, and WAR, on the maps I can play, is pretty cool (though it's hard adapting to how quickly the game can change around with the orb).

A lot of the issues people have been having with map crashes or settings not being saved won't be an issue on PS3 since it's one hardware configuration. The UI more suited to that control scheme too, so no need for adjustment there.
DW_WailofSuicide
DW Clan Member

KarmaKat wrote: I am liking the gameplay, with the exception of not having the double dodge jump. I know...I know...use the hoverboard...but still there are gametypes/maps where it's not included and having that ddj to get about would be welcome.
Dodge jump would just make projectile weapons in this game useless. I don't mind if it's around as a mutator, but that's where it belongs, in my opinion.
kaeolian
1337 Haxor

Im sure ive seen a post about this on the ut3 forums and some one has already made the mod for a dodge jump.
Aih PittaH TeH F00l !!!1!11

noxiousCaitSith
1337 Haxor

does anyone have a layout of tank me up so i can attempt to make it with good reference? though i don't think i can do anything about those stupid flying tanks.
zeus
1337 Haxor

It is actually pretty easy to figure out. It is pretty rectangular. I had a sand/pyramid map that followed the same layout a long time ago. Just open it in the editor and then transfer it to graph paper...
DW_WailofSuicide
DW Clan Member

I'd rather see a one-off "inspired by" WAR-Minus than a direct port.