It's starting to grow on me

UT3 should be coming soon with a new gametype, improved vehicles, and MORE PLAYERS! Death Warrant will be there with hardware to spare!
DW_ToxicWaste
Site Admin

Well Epic has done a good job with the first patch so far. It's still in beta by the way. But they have fixed quite a bit.

The game still has plenty of issues, and I still get 20fps but it's growing on me a bit. I think once people start making some custom straight up ONS maps, things will really get cooking. My mood is helped a bit by the fact that the server has been full for several hours (and it hasn't crashed whic is a bonus)

Anyone want to convert TankMeUp? :blackeye:

Rich (TW)
* > Tommo
Zax_Gentoo_Box
1337 Haxor

I want to play UT3 so bad... stupid legal issues preventing it from playing on Linux.
noxiousCaitSith
1337 Haxor

possibly. i've been watching the video tutorials on the extras dvd...and once my class ends this week i should have more time for that stuff. i just got sick of reading about the bot nonsense for ut2004 so i didn't bother making anything for it.
though i have one issue...my server history resets itself so it's pretty much useless now.
anyway, what kind of graphics card do you have? i think i get about 25 fps...30 at best but that's with very little going on. it makes it kind of difficult especially in duel/deathmatch.
DW_ToxicWaste
Site Admin

6800Ultra. Everything is turned down. WAR maps are very challenging, and it frequently drops down into slideshow mode.

Rich (TW)
* > Tommo
kaeolian
1337 Haxor

DAMN IT I WANNA PLAY >.<

Im glad your liking it toxic I have managed to play a little and really enjoyed it. And a full server cant be bad !
Aih PittaH TeH F00l !!!1!11

WHIPperSNAPper
1337 Haxor

The game's been growing on me too. Beta Patch #3 adds a Favorites tab but so far the only way to add a server to the list of Favorites is to add it from the Server History list.

I'm really starting to enjoy Warfare, especially now that I understand it better. I was very skeptical about the Orb, but I do think it's a good addition and that it's making the game more interesting and fast paced. Can't wait to see what kinds of custom maps we get.
emailbo
Camper

it was nice seeing the server full, I think it crashed right after you got out. LOL

Was cool seeing you and some other sva in there as well.

I too have everything turned off, and I have to play in windowed.

I hope my 8800gt comes soon.
The "real" "fake" Les Stroud
DW_ToxicWaste
Site Admin

Well as long as the physical machine itself did not crash, that's ok :drunken: Epic still has work to do as you can see.

Unfortunately, I cannot play more than 20 minutes or so before it crashes on the client side. I don't have the video card overclocked, but the CPU is. I'll try dropping that to see what happens.

Rich (TW)
* > Tommo
d2frob
1337 Haxor

:cheers: It's a top game and well worth giving it a bit of time to get used to. Us euro's are having a load of fun playing pickup games and the clanbase ladder has got 15 clans so far. http://www.justwarfare.com is soon to be finished too ^^ look forward to popping into spam vikings and suffering awful ping just to kill choco in his manta (provided he still drives one/plays ut3 :P)
DW_Bomzin
Site Admin
Xfire: bomzin

Still in beta , how in the hell are they releasing this thing for PS3 > I didn't think they had the capability of patching a game as dramatically as seems needed or is this where Epic has been putting it's resources , counting on the patchability of the PC?

Good to hear some good news from you though