Map Converter

UT3 should be coming soon with a new gametype, improved vehicles, and MORE PLAYERS! Death Warrant will be there with hardware to spare!
DW_ToxicWaste
Site Admin

Any chance I can get some of you mapping gurus to take a look at this? We could sure use some good maps (at least once Epic gets around to fixing the redirect issues)

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=193393

Rich (TW)
* > Tommo
DW_WailofSuicide
DW Clan Member

I have it, but I haven't used it yet. Maybe sometime this week.

Any UT2004 map converted over is going to be like 25+% bigger than it needs/should be in UT3. I haven't tested what UT99 will be like comparatively, but hopefully not that big of a difference.

Right now I'm kind of too busy to be doing much mapping, that and redirects aren't working right so it seems pointless. Not to mention it's just a bear to even use the editor with my crappy card. I'll be upgrading after Christmas for sure.

I've got a couple of layouts that are ready for UT3, and once the redirects get fixed and I upgrade, I'll be porting them over as soon as I can.
d2frob
1337 Haxor

"I can't wait to see the crappy map remakes that will inevitably result from this."

Hmm... first thought's ring very true with above quote. I don't understand how the maps already being released for warfare can even be considered to be good when so much is not understood about the gameplay.

However, for kicks i wouldn't mind seeing maelstrom/dreamus/bitchslap :D. I don't think any serious maps can come out of this tool though.
Rubble
Killer in Training

I think its a matter of having more than the very few maps that came with the game for right now .Im sure there will be alot of quality maps later .
kaeolian
1337 Haxor

So when is some one going to convert Dreamus thats what I want to know lol.
Aih PittaH TeH F00l !!!1!11

DW_e_aLpHa
DW Clan Member

- a map like dreamus would be easier and hella faster to reproduce, from nothing instead of trying to convert it with such tool , because it's 90% terrain -
..:: Sworn to a Secrecy ::..
==||+ Beast Of Blood +||==
DW_WailofSuicide
DW Clan Member

Agreed with Alpha. On the plus side, terrain seems to work a lot better for me now in the editor.
WHIPperSNAPper
1337 Haxor

I like it. It copied over all of my BSP brushes from my UT99 map CTF-Dagnys-PussyWhIpPeD and saved me a couple hours. However, all of the brushes needed to be realigned. Hoping I can get that out the door within the next two months.
d2frob
1337 Haxor

You'd do well to make your map like those HOLP maps whipper, they kick ass :D
WHIPperSNAPper
1337 Haxor

Oh, don't worry. It's going to be a low poly, no static meshes, no visible light sources affair. It's all about the gameplay IMHO. I'm mostly done with the texturing and now I'm working on the lighting. I have to learn how to do each step since so many changes have been made to the Editor.