I guess we are no longer "bread and butter"

UT3 should be coming soon with a new gametype, improved vehicles, and MORE PLAYERS! Death Warrant will be there with hardware to spare!
DW_WailofSuicide
DW Clan Member

Not sure why the UE4 being targetted at the next console cycle is news. Why would Epic want to make an engine that would be too demanding for next gen hardware? That's pretty common sense given how much cash they've been raking in with UE3 licenses.
Inspector
1337 Haxor

What's it take to get good toast around here?
Adrenaline Master - Inspector lvl 232
Medic - Camisado lvl 255
Weapons Master - Valor lvl 114
WHIPperSNAPper
1337 Haxor

The sad thing is, UT3 could have been a hit if they hadn't released a horrible demo, a buggy beta as retail, and an atrocious user interface and server browser.

Now Epic thinks that UT just doesn't sell well on the PC when it's merely the result of their awful design decisions not to mention horrible box art and bad marketing on the game boxes.
DW_ToxicWaste
Site Admin

Whip, I really don't think UT3 had anything to do with Epic's thoughts on consoles. I think that was Gears that did that.

Epic made their own decision, and they are spreading this message that PC gaming is dead in an attempt to cover their own arrogance and incompetence with regards to UT3. People are so busy trying to prove them wrong, they're not taking them to task enough over their poor execution with regards to UT3. Nice diversionary tactic. I'm not buying it.

Rich (TW)
* > Tommo
WHIPperSNAPper
1337 Haxor

I'm pretty sure that Epic received two earfuls about the Demo, the beta retail release, the server browser, and the user interface. At least they did on their discussion forum.
DW_ToxicWaste
Site Admin

I'm talking about more from a game playing community persepctive, not necessarily the 500 people that actually play the game.

Either way, they produced a turd and have no one to blame but themselves. This mythical death of PC gaming is not an excuse.

Rich (TW)
* > Tommo