I guess we are no longer "bread and butter"

UT3 should be coming soon with a new gametype, improved vehicles, and MORE PLAYERS! Death Warrant will be there with hardware to spare!
DW_WailofSuicide
DW Clan Member

I think they're right about the 50% of players not going online. The failure of the SP is (a) because Epic seems to suck at good storytelling and (b) too many concessions in the SP to MP. A legitimately good SP campaign needs some progression and variety -- If they added RPG elements to it they could have pulled off something far more interesting, but basically they didn't make any concessions to SP gameplay aside from some banter and a vague backstory.
DW_Bomzin
Site Admin
Xfire: bomzin

OMG, A story line in SP . Thats the first time I heard that . The story line was taken care of in the original . If they needed a story line they should have just redone the original opening and moved on .

If they needed a better single player mode they should have just gone for better AI , UT's always been about the game .

It's good to hear some are enjoying it .

I'm holding out till they finish it up alittle more , say SP1. Plus by then I should be able to get a deal on it . Then once everyone gets board with COD4 , they should be finishing it up with SP2 and maybe we'll have some peeps coming back to see what the big deal is . It could happen.
Inspector
1337 Haxor

This is similar to how the Tribes series went down after the release of Tribes Vengance. I am a big fan of T2, and I still play it from time to time. Vengance totally turned the fan base away. UT3 seems to be following a similar path, and I don't want to see the Unreal series walk down it.
DW_e_aLpHa
DW Clan Member

That's just some cheap BS. To worry about the game and it's success is the job of the developers and producers not the Players , if they give a piece of crap to the clients in the hope that they will like it , they are just so wrong , and they are also wrong if they think people love UT so much that every single player will bare with their BS and make believe that what they are receiving is or will be great .. I mean Players pay Money for the damn game is not a Demo anymore.
..:: Sworn to a Secrecy ::..
==||+ Beast Of Blood +||==
WHIPperSNAPper
1337 Haxor

DW_Damnidge wrote:Let them make games for the consoles. I'm fine with taking my business elsewhere...
Just play UT99 and UT 2004 and try to lead a revival of those two games. Did you know that UT99 has more CTF activity than UT3? Heck, it might even have more CTF pug match activity than UT3 has public server CTF activity.
WHIPperSNAPper
1337 Haxor

Inspector wrote:This is similar to how the Tribes series went down after the release of Tribes Vengance. I am a big fan of T2, and I still play it from time to time. Vengance totally turned the fan base away. UT3 seems to be following a similar path, and I don't want to see the Unreal series walk down it.
UT 2003 and even UT 2004 turned the fan base away, too. (If you had played UT99 before the release of UT 2003, you'd know what I'm talking about.) The analogy to Tribes: Vengeance is apt and it's the one I like to make. That having been said, on another topic:

Does anyone know if Epic "got" the message? That is to say, after having received an Avalanche of complaints about the user interface and server browser, did Epic finally "get" the message that PC players expected a user interface and server browser that at the very least met UT99 and UT 2004 standards?

I'm pretty certain that the Epic people could not have been oblivious to the complaints because at one point, at least every other post on their discussion forums contained a complaint about it and now they automatically lock threads about it and refer complainants to the FAQ thread.

So, they saw the mountain of complaints, but did they "get" it?

I guess we'll find out with the release of UT 3.5 or UT4, assuming that they make one and that it's even released for PC.
DW_WailofSuicide
DW Clan Member

I think it's pretty silly to think that Epic needed a message to be gotten. The guys who have worked on it are probably well aware of majority of the shortcomings of UT3, after having worked on it for a few years. The only message I'd want to send is that I'd rather wait for the new game to be polished to a shine before its released than after.
DW_Snaggle
DW Clan Member

Latest news is that UE4 (the next gen of the Unreal Engine) will be targeted at consoles with PC's 'maybe' after that.

Oh well.

Snaggle.
noxiousCaitSith
1337 Haxor

good. call of duty 4 is better anyway. so hopefully everyone will begin to migrate over from 2k4 so the servers aren't empty all the time. :bounce:
DW_ACY
DW Clan Member

Hey, not all companies are forgeting the p.c. some are actually maaking a game and making it better for the p.c. release. This could have been UT3.

http://go.bioware.com/nsl48/?linkgo=1&linkID=5024

No shame, no dishonor, will run away to fight another day!
ACY