@team switching

Discuss all things related to our custom map 32 player ONS server
Galahad
Killer in Training

I guess I’ll throw in. I’m not trying to tell anyone how to run a server or admin a community. Also I’m not going to pass judgment on the behavior of others, but I will comment on how the behavior impacts the server and community.

First and most importantly, let’s face it… 2k4 ONS is on life support. The greatest game I’ve ever played (and I remember when pong was new) is little more than fond memories. Treating fellow gamers poorly, for ANY reason is just bad news. It’s a video game folks. If it means so much to you that you berate fellow players then you really need to step back and focus on something real in your life that actually means something, and get this whole UT thing back into the completely irrelevant perspective that it is. The statement that people shouldn’t take it personally is true, but meaningless. Even people who don’t take it personally don’t want to see it. They come to have some competitive fun, not listen to or read the juvenile rants from some punk.

I’ve talked up the DW server to a few others who miss the good ol’days. One guy I used to play with on TWL hopped on for a bit a few weekends ago. We were totally rolling a map that neither of us had ever played before. Complete control. But it wasn’t the way a resident pro wannabe thought it should be done so along came the insults. By the time the pro finally made it to core, my bud and I had all but destroyed it. I doubt he will ever be on again, hopefully I’m wrong.

Map voting. ONS can be the most insanely fast-paced intense game I’ve ever experienced. That’s why it still exists at all, in my opinion. Everything else feels soooooo slooooooooooooooow in comparison. Usher in the tank map crew. Man those maps over and over slow this game down and dumb it down to the point where it’s painful! At least to anyone who played competitively in the hay day. Spambox and Deathdome are mind-numbing in their own way.

Teamswitchers. The only thing to do is admin kick / ban. I was surprised when Moregoth was doing it, with an admin present and nothing happened. Either it’s going to be enforced all the time, every time or it isn’t. I was glad to read about what Dirt, Tweak and Goose used to do. Like me, they would probably rather lose a really tough, well fought battle than roll a bunch of non pros.
So I guess it all boils down to what the community wants. If you want to breathe some life into a great game that could use some good players, you’re probably not going about it in the best manner. If you’d rather have a place where the same ol handful of players play nothing but the same ol handful of maps against a bunch of bots every day, I’d say you’re making good progress.

Just my 2, peace to you all, and thanks for the playground!
Galahad
Killer in Training

DW_Jimmythedentist wrote:That way every match will always be DW vs. The World!
The World accepts this challenge and is formally requesting a pug.
joeblow
1337 Haxor

bump
joblow@bellsouth.net game contact email.