CoD4 Videos

Anything and everything related to COD4
DW_Mobius
DW Clan Member
Xfire: redeemermma

Figured we could consolidate all the videos we have floating around into one thread.

I'll go first.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtryyPfbYYs[/youtube]
DW_Damaged
DW Clan Member

Nice Mobius Love the jump, shoot and kill with the sniper.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TwXKRajCYw[/youtube]
DW_Mobius
DW Clan Member
Xfire: redeemermma

As for YouTube, if you can find a song not produced by WMG (Warner Brothers Music Group), it's most likely fair game. I used Drowning Pool, produced by ElevenSeven Records.
Jinx
Camper

makes me wanna get on a booty rape >:D
DW_Damaged
DW Clan Member

Tried using sniper in the beginning but switched to G3. Not really a fan of Rap but thought the song went well with the video.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZtKxjC0MwI[/youtube]
DW_Bomzin
Site Admin
Xfire: bomzin

Would someone like to make a short tutorial on the proper way of putting together a video .

Actually if you get with me we could turn it into a FAQ .
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

DW_Bomzin wrote:Would someone like to make a short tutorial on the proper way of putting together a video .

Okay here's a real short video in how to build up your video....
1) Calculate or predict your duration time.
2) Find a song you are thinking of posting into the video.
The song doesn't have to be exactly on your prediction time...actually not even close. From this point, you may cut entire sections of the song, and even loop some good parts incase the song was shorter than the video.
Be sure that the cut transitions blend in nicely and no one can tell that it's there ;D
3) Apply your video.
  • Make the scenes relevant to the music (ie: new measure of a song = new scene of the film).
  • Make your scenes fast pace. Damaged and Mobi did a great job here. Notice how they switch scenes immediately after each kill.
  • Be easy on the transitions and effects. Not only they are distracting, but also a bit elementary (the clockwise wipe, checkered wipe, star/heart swipe, etc...) You can place transitions, but just be alittle easy ;)
4) Credits...The best part of them all...Place my name in the end of every movie you make :P
I'm just kidding lol. You don't need to place the credits, it's totally optional.[/color]
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466

I use 4 programs to make my Videos.

Fraps ($39.00) Image COD4Player (Free) Image VirtualDub (Free) Image Windows Movie Maker (Comes with my OS) Image 1) Record Demo in the game
2) Start FRAPS and uncheck record sound on the Movie tab
3) Open demo using COD4Player and when recording starts press F9 to record.
Make sure the FPS is set for 30 for better recording.
4) Let the entire recording play and it will be saved in the C:\FRAPS directory as multiple .AVI files
I rename each file starting with the 1st one as 1 then 2, 3, 4, 5, ect.. ect..
5) Open VirtualDub and select File/Open and select the 1st .AVI file.
Edit what you want to keep and what you want to remove.
Then save the .AVI file to a directory (I create a new directory on my desktop for easy access)
Editing and saving each file can be time consuming depending on the size of the file and your CPU speed
6) After editing each file open Windows Movie maker and add all the files and put them in the order you want
You can add titles and credits in Movie maker as well
7) Save the Movie for future editing
8) Then in Windows Movie Maker select File/Publish Movie and save it to your desktop using compression.
9) Upload to your YouTube account
10)You can then add music from YouTube using AudioSwap

I put in one of my own MP3's into Movie Maker before publishing it but when I uploaded it to Youtube it informed me that some countries will not play the music. I try to go through the generic songs on YouTube but it can be time consuming and frustrating.

After uploading the Movie it can take 5-10 min before it shows up and this applies to adding music as well.

My 1st Movie took me about 4 -5 hours to make because of the learning curve but I can make the recording, edit the video and publish it in about 2 hours or so now. This includes playing the game and making the recording.
DW_Damaged
DW Clan Member

Remake of my Pipeline video with guest appearances by KarmaKat and Mobius. I'm not going to say what names they played under but they will know who they are.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2JfJuHVNv0[/youtube]
Terminator
Killer in Training

what is the ip for DW COD4 server?