CoD: Black Ops Will Have Dedicated Servers, Vehicles

Anything and everything related to COD4
DW_Ifondlesweaters
DW Clan Member

Fair enough, Damaged, and I agree with you on the cartoonish bit, although it grows on you and now doesn't feel that way to me after I've played enough to hit level 50. The RC car is annoying but easy to destroy. Some of the other killstreaks are awesome and actually make it worth trying to stay alive (Hind makes me cream my knickers). The color nades are only the Semtex nades and I think they are colored to make up for the quicker detonations, and the same with the explosive crossbow tips. I agree these weapons detract from the realism, but so does bunny hopping and dolphin diving and people do those things in COD4. I think Treyarch tried to amp up the entertainment value a little while keeping a dose of realism--I don't begrudge them that, especially after a six-pack on a Friday night. The maps are more complex than COD4 maps, and the movement is more fluid in my opinion, which makes up for some of the cartoony graphics feel. Nuketown in general is a joke map, akin to Killhouse. The other maps are interesting and deter camping IMO with no real places to hunker down and wait--pros and cons to that. Frog and I have been playing together quite a bit--come join us and we can hash out some other complaints. I hope future patches address the mysterious lag issues that seem to be consistent across players and are most likely due to Steam. Also seem to be some bugs with the game freezing for a lot of people. The wager matches are fun, too, as are the added levels of perks. Love to get enough players together to play private matches a couple nights. We'll see if it stands the test of time.