Revive Artifact (INV)

Report any issues or suggestions here. Intermittent lag happens, so don't report it unless it is excessive
Moonwolf

Well the General Idea is you get an Artefact and it revives a Random Dead Player.

I would make it gainable as a skill min LVL50 min Adren 150 .
Adrenalin usage: 150
You can use it 2 times
Maybe it could also be dropable.

Well you could disput about the Attributs but i think its a nice Idea and I know that there is a way to do it. Godlike-RPG (my old clan) had it in their RPG when they still had some UT2k4 Servers.
DW_FrankyTheFly
DW Clan Member

Hi Moonwolf, welcome to the DW Forum.

Your idea is interesting but infortunatly it is too similar to the "res" combo witch was voted to not be installed on the Monster Mash servers since they where born, so I'm 99.9% sure it won't become reality.
I got the reflex of the fly, now catch me if you can!
Moonwolf

ah ok i didnt know about that we will see maybe there now is some intrest maybe not.
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

Greetings Moonwolf!

It's nice to have people generate new ideas. It what keeps things fresh.

As for the Revivification Artifact, there are multiple reasons why there isn't any sort of resurrection combo, ability, or artifact.

• Since this is done randomly, it may upset the player, whom used the artifact, that it selected a player they may dislike or a player that dies immediately.
  • There's a good chance that the player will spawn in the middle of the monsters. Regardless of player's level, the player could easily be killed by spawning next to raptors or active titan rocks.
  • The players could stand on the adrenaline pill and respawn all dead players. (If you're planning on limiting it to one use, then look at the first bullet mentioned in this list).
  • Dead players will be pleading to be resurrected.
  • Prevents a few players from getting up to get a drink or something after they die. Just in case they will be revived.
  • Reduces reason to protect the low levels. If the monster level jumps, the player can simply resurrect low levels a bunch of times to bring the monster level down, again.
These are the main reasons why resurrection isn't enabled in the servers. I'm sure there are others.[/color]
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466

This is an interesting idea actually. Make it a one use only item drop rather than a skill, drop frequency of say the infinite weapon maker, costs 200 (or more) adren, random resurrections and I can see it being a fun addition to the servers.
DW_Ant wrote:
There's a good chance that the player will spawn in the middle of the monsters. Regardless of player's level, the player could easily be killed by spawning next to raptors or active titan rocks.
This would be less of an issue if spawn protection actually worked as it's intended to. Always a joy to ghost into a pack of raptors on 13 and/or when the ML has jumped. Get the protection to actually work and perhaps up the safe time to say 10 seconds to give some time to get your wits about you or get to some cover and it'd be more viable.

And if it still wasn't enough time, you get a bad spawn point, there's no cover near, the player went to the bathroom (really??? sigh...) well then I just say tough: you had an extra chance and didn't make it for whatever reason - thems the breaks hmm?

The other objections you raise would be mostly non issues if you make it a random selection of dead players rather than something that can be chosen so people don't play favorites.
Malroth
Killer in Training

They do have it on many other servers. Its a big red heart (Image looks like its from Zelda) where you can use "Once". Good future ability for the server and plus another skill for the medics yaya.
MR ROBOTO

Not saying I'm for this particular artifact but if ever made it Should Totally Be a Phoenix Down (Red Feather)

would be funny to use on afk player, so and so is OUT again!