I lost 2 lvls

Report any issues or suggestions here. Intermittent lag happens, so don't report it unless it is excessive
TeXnoFile

Hi guys,

Listen, ive got problem. I was playing on your server MonsterMash s.2 and i was lvl 272. After few hours i connected there again but my new lvls has gone and im lvl 270 instead. I have no clue what happened but im not the only one who lost recently achieved levels.(also my brother(Teren$h-MM) lost few lvls too) and other players were complaining about that too.

Do you know what happened and if you can fix that ?
DW_KarmaKat
Site Admin
Xfire: KarmaKat

Hi TeXnoFile,

We're investigating your issue. Thanks for letting us know!

DW>KarmaKat
Karma...a term that comprises the entire cycle of cause & effect...
Kat...a supercilious quadrupedal pile of fur that doesn´t give a flying fig for Karma...
TeXnoFile

Okay, thank you. Hope i can get back my lost xp points. Please let me know what you found out than.
TeXnoFile

ARE YOU KIDDING ME ???????????????????????,

Yesterday i was WHOLE DAY !!!!! WHOLE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! playing on ur server to get my lost levels back .......AND NOW IM LEVEL 270 AGAIN FOR SECOND TIME !!!!!!!!!!§

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WITH YOUR SERVER !!!! I WANT MY LEVELS BACK !!! I SPENT 20 HOURS ON YOUR SERVER TO GET THE LOST LVLS AGAIN :...I WANT MY XP BACK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lazy_Eye

I apologize for hijacking so to speak but the same thing has happened to my medic character twice in the last four days.

The character's name is Sewius. After the first day of playing it I reached level 50. The next day it was reset to 25. I started leveling again and after the next day my level remained. After last night when I reached level 62 however I enter the server again and found it has been reset to level 25 again.

I hope a solution can be found for this issue.
DW_WailofSuicide
DW Clan Member

TeXnoFile wrote:ARE YOU KIDDING ME ???????????????????????,

Yesterday i was WHOLE DAY !!!!! WHOLE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! playing on ur server to get my lost levels back .......AND NOW IM LEVEL 270 AGAIN FOR SECOND TIME !!!!!!!!!!§

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WITH YOUR SERVER !!!! I WANT MY LEVELS BACK !!! I SPENT 20 HOURS ON YOUR SERVER TO GET THE LOST LVLS AGAIN :...I WANT MY XP BACK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's strange, but also your reaction seems way over the top.
TeXnoFile

Yes because you havent played it 20 hours just to earn all lost points...just try it for urself and find out next day that all your work have gone again. It can really pissed you off...just like it pissed me...
Rapture

I am willing to second that. I've gone from 25 to 50 about 4 times now. And from 105 to 100 as well. I have to admit, it can be very frustrating. Also, it seems to happen when the server crashes, if that aides in your conquest to assess the issue... :sshake:
DW_Bomzin
Site Admin
Xfire: bomzin

Ok this looks like it's becoming as rampant as zombies. At first I thought it was just a one or two player glitch this appears to be a total infestation.
1318470137288.jpg
1318470137288.jpg (34 KiB) Viewed 8952 times
Tonight we are running some file comparisons seeing if anything has changed. We are debating on just when to fix it with a backup copy. No worries you won't loose anymore player data. It will just mean taking down the server for a bit while things are moved around and settings set up.

Also we do all player handling by hand. As much as we would love to hand out some levels for the pain this has caused it's just to tedious in the end, once word gets out we're giving out levels for the pain of the server messing up it just becomes a data entry nightmare. We are sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. This server has been pretty reliable for a long time, seems to me I had to do this to MM1 awhile back.

I don't know if we will get it shut down and the backup on tonight , we just may wait till morning when everyone's a little more sober. :banana:
Rapture

So it seems as though we lost more last night. I dunno if it was the backup that did it, or if it is the same problem as before, but it happened. Just thought to let you know. Keep up the good work! :stongue: