Lost But Not Forgotten

Report any issues or suggestions here. Intermittent lag happens, so don't report it unless it is excessive
MrJoe
Killer in Training

Hello there! My name is MrJoe and I have finally found my old hard drive that contained my information for Unreal Tournament 2004, but for some reason (possibly drunken madness back in 2009) the CD Key is no longer active. Is it possible that my CDKey could be found through server side information? I remember having a lvl 209 AM, 49 or so WM, and I think a medic. Still have maps saved and all, but CD Key just isn't working. If anyone knows if a new CD key would fix it and I could continue on while keeping my save instead of making a whole new character, that would be awesome.
DW_KarmaKat
Site Admin
Xfire: KarmaKat

Hi Mr. Joe!

Good to see you've returned! :cheers:

UT's cd-keys are not stored on any server. Your cd-key is what UT uses to generate your UT GUID when you install the game. The GUID is what servers use to identify players.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "cd-key isn't working". Are you getting an error message when trying to connect to Monster Mash? Or are you able to connect but your character's are level 25? Or are you trying to reinstall UT and it's not accepting the cd-key you have?

We'll get this ironed out...I just need a little more info. You can respond here (please do NOT post your cd-key though) or you can email me directly at:
karmakat@clandw.org

DW>KarmaKat
Karma...a term that comprises the entire cycle of cause & effect...
Kat...a supercilious quadrupedal pile of fur that doesn´t give a flying fig for Karma...