So what's GW

A place to meet and greet and have general discussions for those participating in GW
DW_Bomzin
Site Admin
Xfire: bomzin

JulianKingOfNothing
1337 Haxor
Xfire: dont remember

First :D

So whats GW anyway ? :stongue:
Savage
DW Clan Member
Xfire: savagedogg38

LOL
DW_Mobius
DW Clan Member
Xfire: redeemermma

JulianKingOfNothing wrote:First :D

So whats GW anyway ? :stongue:
I think.... You were second.

Guild Wars is an MMORPG, which many of us have been playing lately. You can grab a free demo at http://www.guildwars.com/freetrial/ .
-1PARA-Queenie
1337 Haxor

wow when did this get here =D bout time to! Anyways Mobi explained what it is =D but if anyone does get it or downloads the trial feel free to add me in game Crazie Spirit Fiend =) been playin for just over 30 months so can give newbies some help =D

:queen:
DW_ChocoCake
DW Clan Member

Guild Wars in the most basic sense is an MMORPG however it is much different from the typical MMORPGs out there right now (such as WoW). In Guild Wars your strength and your ability to successfully complete more difficult content is not based on your leet gear and your 5000 hours of play time. It is instead based on your ability to play your build which consists of 8 skills which you must pick and keep while you are in an explorable zone or mission. In GW, the only time you are in contact with other players who are not in your party is when you are in towns. While in a town, you can create a party consisting of your friends, computer controlled henchmen or heroes. The fact that you can have computer controlled allies means you can do almost anything by yourself. In many other MMORPGs this is not possible. Another thing I want to add is that the level cap is not very high - it is only 20. You can therefore spend more time doing high level content rather than spending 3 months leveling up. In short, Guild Wars is a non-intense MMORPG for people who do not want to spend countless days playing and being addicted to the game and instead just want to have fun.
Savage
DW Clan Member

Well said Choco, don't forget competitive play and tournaments though. As a guild you can enter different tournaments against other guilds as well so you can play the environment with other people or play against other people in tournaments to get cool emotes and what not, for bragging rights. It's fun and their is a lot to it really, a lot more than I thought their would be. I will be the first to admit that I don't usually care for those types of games. I played WOW to give it a chance and played for sometime but like I said, I just can't get into those types of games. I was surprised I liked the UT RPG games too but Guild Wars in definitely in a league of its own. Well thought out, kinda like an mmorpg and cooperative and competitive all at the same time. Give it a try sometime, you'll like it.
Savage
DW Clan Member

it is kinda like a "magic the gathering" game... yea, something like that.