Black Ops low FPS, Need Help.

Anything and everything related to COD Black Ops
DW_ChocoCake
DW Clan Member

It looks like your CPU is the bottleneck. I have a friend who was trying to play GTA4 using that CPU. It was very choppy until after he upgraded it. Also, it appears that your CPU is slightly lower than the minimum requirements which are Intel® Core™2 Duo E6600 or AMD Phenom™ X3 8750 or better.

Everything else in your system looks good though.
DW_ImAnArmyMan
DW Clan Member
Xfire: ImAnArmyMan

I can not just remove that 1gb ram, if i do i also have to remove the other 2gb as well and will only be left with 4gb of ram. And i tried to play around with the Affinity, but it didnt change anything. One thing i did do was switch my main display from my 3D monitor to my widscreen monitor and notice i now have less lag. My FPS is still the same though.

Yea I have read on tons of forums claiming that the CPU is bottlenecking my GPU, but i have tried out many other games like GTA4, Fallout New Vegas, and i do not have any problems on those games even with everything set to max. I genrally get about 150-190 FPS with those games.

I will try it with just the 4gb of RAM and seeing if that does any diffrence.
\m/ ^___^ \m/
DW_Bender
DW Clan Member

OK, I know there haven't been any posts on this thread in six months, but I was also having a problem with extremely low framerates, and I wanted to add how I fixed it.

I tried all of the suggestions that I found in this thread, with marginal success, and most other fourms that I searched were just filled with idiot children shouting at each other with no one offering any constructive advice.

My pc is an I5 750, with 2gb DDR3, and a 9800GT.

when using the task manager, I noticed that just idling on the Black Ops start menu, it was using 500MB-600MB of RAM, so I removed the 2GB that I had and installed 8GB, and now it runs fine.
I turned my settings back up and I am getting in the mid to high 40's on my framerate.
This leads me to believe that my low framerate and stuttering was from the HD being used for virtual memory.

If anyone else has this problem, I hope that this post helps.

DW>Bender
DW_Bomzin
Site Admin
Xfire: bomzin

Glad you fixed your problem.

Just did a quick google looks like 2Gb Ram is minimum required.
Minimums:
- Processor: Intel Core2 Duo E6600 or AMD Phenom X3 8750 or better
- Memory: 2GB
- HDD: 12GB
- Video: Shader 3.0 or better 256MB NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT/ATI Radeon X1950Pro or better
- Sound: DirectX 9.0c-compatible
- DirectX: 9.0c
DW_ImAnArmyMan
DW Clan Member
Xfire: ImAnArmyMan

Well I fixed my issue as well, but with new hardware. I finnaly got my internship on the 1st of Aug. It took a long time for the paper work to go through and i got my money for Aug and Sept within 5 days. So i had extra cash and bought a new set up for about $550. I got Intel I7 2600k processor, Asus P8P67 Rev 3.1 Mainboard, and 8GB G.Skill DDR-1600. Currently still have my Nvidia GTS250 installed and getting an average of 70-100 frames, but seen it jump has high as 180. Once I have the cash and time to travel the weekend to my place, ill be able to grab my GTX470 and then should have better frames.

Now with my new set up, with maxed settings my CPU only runs a max of about 20-25%. So a major major diffrence. Now hopefully I should be good for awhile with my PC. I was only thinking of upgrading my graphics card around or after Xmas time.
\m/ ^___^ \m/