No Grass, No Leaves

Anything and everything related to COD Black Ops
DW_ImAnArmyMan
DW Clan Member
Xfire: ImAnArmyMan

Many times i have played a map, Especially Jungle, and wondered how the hell the saw me. I looked around and found these configs changes below to remove grass and leaves. These are on the Steam Forum open for everyone to see, and from what i see many people actually using them. I personally think this is a from of cheating, but many see it as a simple config change. I also added screenshots of what the diffrence between the settings are.

seta wind_grass_scale "0"
seta wind_grass_tension "0"
seta wind_leaf_scale "0"

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... ?t=1751220

Example 1-

Leaves and grass on-

Leaves and grass off-
Example 2-

Leaves and grass on-

Leaves and grass off-

Example 3-

Leaves and grass on-

Leaves and grass off-

Example 4- Here you can clearly see the person with grass off.

Leaves and grass on-

Leaves and grass off-

As you can tell there is a major diffrence. I think this removes the camoflouge added into the game to have more places to cover in. Whats the point of having Ghost Pro with camoflouge suit on if you can use it.
Last edited by DW_ImAnArmyMan on Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
\m/ ^___^ \m/
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

Images aren't working for me.

From your description, it sounds very frustrating. Why Black Ops would even allow users to edit those options? I thought this was a military tactical shooter, and taking cover and concealing yourself is one important tactic. So what's the real strategy? Cover all angles as fast as you can while bunny hopping from room-to-room?
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466

Images are working fine for me. Anyone else haveing issues with the images. If so ill try to edit them.
\m/ ^___^ \m/
DW_Snaggle
DW Clan Member

I can't see them either. But I also use the 'prosilver' board style.

Snaggle.
DW_Bomzin
Site Admin
Xfire: bomzin

I don't see them either. Your code looks good but I can't link directly to it either. Are you sure you have your photobucket privlages set so general public can see your picts? Try logging out of photobucket and try this link to your first pict. Also is this a euro photobucket the url actually looks off. http://1.1.1.1/bmi/i799.photobucket.com ... 0ops/1.jpg
DW_Ant wrote:Images aren't working for me.

From your description, it sounds very frustrating. Why Black Ops would even allow users to edit those options? I thought this was a military tactical shooter, and taking cover and concealing yourself is one important tactic. So what's the real strategy? Cover all angles as fast as you can while bunny hopping from room-to-room?
Keeps people from just hiding in a bush. You also still have to be able to dumb down the detail for those with boarderline specs. From playing you can sometimes see the silhouettes sites down but when you bring up sites the bush will thicken if that makes any sense.
DW_ImAnArmyMan
DW Clan Member

Ok i redid the Pictures. A friend of mine took them and put it in her photobucket and i thought i could just link them to there, but aparently not. So I saved them put them in my photobucket and hope now they work for everyone.
\m/ ^___^ \m/
DW_Snaggle
DW Clan Member

DW_Bomzin wrote:From playing you can sometimes see the silhouettes sites down but when you bring up sites the bush will thicken if that makes any sense.
You can turn off the 'thickening' by disabling blur and distortion:
/r_blur_allowed 0
/r_distortion 0

I have them enabled still because, like the leaves and the grass, it adds to the game. Though seeing the effects of those foliage settings above I can understand a fair few of the questionable deaths I've had. :sdull:

Snaggle.
DW_BrainPan
DW Clan Member

Yeah, the images are showing now.

The no leaves and grass transforms the setting from one of spring to one of fall or early winter, so you're apparently battling within a strange time warp bubble. (i.e. your enemies are either 6 months ahead of or behind you, and yet the bullets arrive right on time!)
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who read binary, and everyone else.
4013 is only a FAD
And 2989? Well that's just BAD
DW_Ifondlesweaters
DW Clan Member

No foliage modifications are bannable offenses on some servers--turning them off seems akin to playing Chutes and Ladders without the ladders...or some other lame metaphor. Although it would be cool and appropriate if the napalm strike removed the foliage for the remainder of the map in the area it hits.
DW_Snaggle
DW Clan Member

DW_Ifondlesweaters wrote:No foliage modifications are bannable offenses on some servers
1. Is this something our rcon can do? and;
2. Is it something we *want* to do?

Snaggle.